Anyone in St. George? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone in St. George?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I usually get down to St. George at least once every other year, but I try to get there every year... I'm in SLC about 2-4 times per year...

Well I am looking to do some wheel when I get back around Apr 2010. Do you have any trails around the St George area that would take 2-3 days to complete? That would not be snowed in? I will have a month off to go wheel so I thought Big bear area or Southern Utah.

Sweet! And a few places that are really good to go and play around on but none that I know of that take three days, a few are full days but haven't taken them. None one to go with and rather not wheel long without other truck in case of someone breaking.

Yeah where are the one day legs at? Last time I went through the gorge that looked neat you know of any places that way? Or a trail that heads weat to NV?

Hey Turbo!
Ive tried a couple of times to get a Yob in your city...... no luck so far lol
I love St George. When we were leaving Las Vegas we looked into coming there.
Maybe some day. How often do you head over to Moab?

Im not in St. George but i am in Utah;) Im up in American Fork, Ive got a Bll right now but just picked up and Ex sport that im gonna put my Bll lift under and build. So if you make it this way or are goin to Moab let me know

Hey Turbo!
Ive tried a couple of times to get a Yob in your city...... no luck so far lol
I love St George. When we were leaving Las Vegas we looked into coming there.
Maybe some day. How often do you head over to Moab?

I try to go once a year!

Kool, weve never been as weve only been here a year. We plan on going down for the last weekend of Jeep Safari to check things out and look at some of the rigs, from there itll be when ever we get the oppurtunity to get down that way.

...I thought I could add some info here...I used to live in Dixie Downs back when Sunset Plateau was being developed and used to play from Vegas to Hurricane, Pine Valley up to Richfield..;)

...You can get lost up there for days just touring the area for where John Wayne filmed his westerns and going through the hills and Reservations...

...This has some good info to the local trails of the area and don't forget about the sand dunes...
http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx?area=12011

...They just had a Crawlfest up there...
http://southwestcrawlfest.com/

...And here is some of their trails you might want to avoid...
http://southwestcrawlfest.com/trails/

Nice!
Last time momma and I went was like 06. We pulled the shanty down and spent 10 days. It wasnt enough!! We rented a heep and pretty much bought the place out of gas lol. I cant wait to take the EB down and do it again!
Id love to hook up with you guys, I totally agree, a couple or ONE other rig along would make it a whole lot more fun. The more the merrier.
Ive got a buddy in Elko that took his cj5 up lions back..... Im happy to sit at the bottom with hops and barley and watch that stuff lol..

If I lived in Souther Utah I'd probably try to make it over to Moab 2-4 times a year... Alas its not just a hop skip and a jump for me...

Its farther to Moab for us in St. George than it is in Salt Lake city actually. Its 100 more miles from St. George to Moab than from SLC to Moab. Worst part is you have to take 70 most of the way and its very hilly if you are pulling. About 340 miles from St. George. Work Schedule sucks this year so not sure how many times I am going to make it this year. I am hoping for at least twice.

Also check these out, http://southwestcrawlfest.com/

Click on the trails icon to see some of the trails they ran this year. I was headed out with a friend a few weeks ago to go four wheelin and we saw LOADS of buggies and wicked rigs. This must have been what they were doing. Anyways check out the vids and the trails for info on some pretty wicked trails that are here.

...:shifty_ey ..I posted that in Post #31...:D

Haha, :banghead: doh! I remember now I found that site through your link, and remembered seeing all those rigs and wondering where I missed it. Then i posted it again being all excited about it and those trails. Anyways oops my bad. We are running The honeymoon trail and hurricane cliffs on Saturday!

...Check your local weather as there may be rain Saturday...;)

Yup it will be raining. But o well if to much rain we will just take the friends Rhino out and run some of the trails! Find out where they are and things!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, but if i do a turtle, you gotta promise to shoot me then and there. Trust me, tellin momma would be worse! lol

Back