• Register Today It's free!

Audio Help 91 exploder

projectBlack

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer 4x4 5speed
in my recently purchased a 91 exploder has a aftermaket cheap-o Dual in it. i have a nice pioneer that is practically brand new but before i install it i need to figure out the stock radio wiring harness guy that had ex before me chopped connectors it does have the factory JBL sub and these huge door speakers lol i have only heard the two front door speakers but they sound like tweets i am not a audio genius i fooled with it for an hour got what little sound i could and called it quits guy i know told me to get amp bypass wiring harness but i dont know if it works want to add system but need assistance to get factory sound back first lol please help,,,,:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

please someone help me with this problem i am desperate for answers

Thought I saw this as a sticky somewhere...........might be wrong :dunno:

Stereo wiring diagrams ARE HERE

That tread has a couple of diagrams for the first gen stereos. A couple you might have to open a few in a new window and zoom in on it to see a little bit better.

Hope it helps, and you get your stereo bumping again!!!!!!

Thought I saw this as a sticky somewhere...........might be wrong :dunno:

Stereo wiring diagrams ARE HERE

That tread has a couple of diagrams for the first gen stereos. A couple you might have to open a few in a new window and zoom in on it to see a little bit better.

Hope it helps, and you get your stereo bumping again!!!!!!

yeah that was it perfect man thanks
i think i am going to have to cut the end out of 1 at junkyard from what i have read you have to use the rca outputs and i want it done right so thank you so much man i love this forum

The main wiring Harness to worry about would be..

Wiring Harness Information
Constant 12V+ Green/Purple

Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black

Ground Black/Light Green

Illumination Light Blue/Red

Dimmer n/a

Amplifier Remote Blue

Antenna Right Front

Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors

Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green

Left Front (-) Light Blue/White

Right Front (+) White/Light Green

Right Front (-) Dark Green/Orange

Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Rear Doors

Left Rear (+) Gray/Light Blue

Left Rear (-) Tan/Yellow

Right Rear (+) Orange/Red

Right Rear (-) Brown/Pink

yeah small wire harness is like 3.50 lol and i have to get a center console, rear hatch off a 98+ xploder, 98+tails, and a couple door panels. and thats just for the xploder got 2x the list for my 96 f150

well hey im going to be home soon and I look all over ga for parts for people , but when i get back we should make a Run somewhere together and try and get other rbvs !!

rbvs?

Ranger based vehicles , thats where the Suspension complexity came into place lol

oh yeah well in a week or so is when i am planning on going to pull a part wanna go with?

not sure if im available but keep me posted on here or pm , if you want my email its blazenbruce - yahoo i check it atleast once a day , ive also heard of a place in fayetteville forgot the name , but its a u pull it place similar prices to pap but not the same lol

I'm not a big fan of the factory system in the first and second gen explorers. of course every one that I have owned had a blown up factory sub and a hacek wiring harness. I just got a roll of 12 ga. speaker wire and ran them straight off the aftermarket deck. And then added amplifiers. you have to pull panels off but it worth the time in my opinion. Plus I'm an audio enthusiest and I don't leave any stock systems alone anyway lol.

Back