Australian 1998 XLT 3" BL on 33's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Australian 1998 XLT 3" BL on 33's

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've shown my pretty face around here...used to be on here way back when it was all a big secret...now everyone knows about this site! Cheers Rick!

The more the merrier, I say.

Anyway, here's an entry from the most isolated capital city in the world - Perth, Western Australia. The body lift has been sitting on my shelf for 6 years, maybe longer before I decided to get off my ass and install it. Thanks to the info on this forum, it took 8 hours by myself in my mechanic's tool filled garage, pretty much trouble free (touch wood - yes, I'm grabbing my crotch).

Still got the 4.56 regear and Tru-trac to go in, but otherwise, it's a 6 year project that finally sees the light of day!

The day after I installed the lift I managed to roll my ankle playing bball and having taken my running boards off many years ago, it's been a bit of an obstacle getting in and out these last few days.

Brief spec overview:

1998 XLT 4.0 SOHC
5 speed Auto
2.25" Mercury Straight through exhaust (Cat back)
KKM Airfilter
Powerchip rechip - tuned for 98 octane (174kW and 383Nm)
Optima Yellow top battery
Permacool Tranny aux filter
B&M Shiftplus
Various Autometer guages - A/F ratio, Trans Temp and Vacuum

Torsion twist, add-a-leaf and soon some extended shackles
Koni Red shocks - adjustable for wear
3" PA Bodylift

15x8 AR Baja rims
33" Yokohama Geolandar Mud Terrains
BOCAR Nudge bar with Nane 100w driving lamps

Eclipse AVN6000 - integrated DVD, MP3 and Sat Nav
5 1/4" infinity Kappa splits in the front
6" Kappa coaxials in the rear
12" Kappa sub
240.4 Rockford Fosgate punch for the front stage and rear (80w/ch)
55.2 Rockford Fosgate punch for the sub (110w)

More to come...

441340_14_full.jpg

441340_15_full.jpg

441340_16_full.jpg

441340_17_full.jpg

441340_13_full.jpg

441340_18_full.jpg

Steering wheel, wipers on the other side... sweet!

New pics posted in original post...

You got it together there! You use it for towing the boat also? That steering wheel on the other side, is that how they do it there or is yours an import? That is some EX :thumbsup: And the wipers are facing the other way too... That's living! And the antenna is sweet! I've been trying to replace mine, but can't find anything... Did you add the antenna?

Have you thought about adding a back-up light system to replace that single light there? I have one, but it came with 55 watt bulbs which I brought down to 35 watts...

Where do you go with your EX? Any pics? That is a class act! Very impressive!

Back