Bad transmission? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad transmission?

brett387

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford explorer
Swapped a 2x4 transmission for a 4x4 transmission put new fluid in and filter but it does not move at all. Could it be a bad transmission or could it be something not switching right or something stupid im fergeting? Fluid is moving a bit more than a quart per 15 seconds. Does making a clicking/rattling sounds from the front half of the transmission. Swapped torque converters and the same sound. I did put the tc in all the way. Fluid was quite clean when i got it from junk yard. I can select gears no prob but the tires just dont move at all.
A4ld transmission in 94 ford explorer
Thank you very much!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you swap output shaft from the 2 Wheel Dr. to the four-wheel-drive? did you have transmission apart?

i did take the pan off to do a fluid change while i was putting it in and put a new filter in it. other than that, thats all i did. i cant change the 2x4 drive shaft with the 4x4 drive shaft as the shaft coming from the transmission is shorter, as the transmission being a 4x4.

Sorry man,just not following what you are saying about swap. Did you put the o-rings on the filter?

I wanted to make my explorer 4x4. So i went and got a 4x4 transmission dropped the pan and put a new filter in with the o rings on the filter. Sorry was trying to type quick so i wouldnt get caught at work

Back