BBQ time and tear 90ranjo's truck down July 5th. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BBQ time and tear 90ranjo's truck down July 5th.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
So the transformation of 90ranjo's trucks is ready to begin. Talking with him we decided what better way then to have a BBQ and try and get a few extra hands. We will probably be started 8-9am and going till ????.

So Sunday July 5th we plan to start tearing down his old ranger at my place. Seeing how this is at my house this is going to be limited to members I have met or members that the other regular locals have met. Sorry but I do not want any internet joe showing up at my place. Parking is not a problem and if you want to crash on the couch or something that night we can probably work that out as well. To get an idea of how far it is from where you are coming from use Ramona CA and mapquest it. If you are going to come then PM me and I will send you the address for better directions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't wait to finally get this project officially started. So come on out and give us a hand!

Hope someone will vouch for me.

I should be able to come out but wait, that takes time away from my build:p:

Matt, I think your house is the place where Rangers and Early Bronco's go to die or hopefully reborn.

This sounds like a good oportunity to set up a webcam, or at least a time lapse camera.

Sorry but I do not want any internet joe showing up at my place.

normal_105here_for_the_gang_bang.jpg

<---This internet joe will be there! :D

That guy will already be there. It's his truck they're working on :D

Two words: **** 'stache :p:

So just tearing down the old Ranger or starting on the new one too?
Other than robbing the Atlas II out of the old Ranger, what else is is coming off of it?

Hey Show, I would save that bed you made. There is lots of good steel there that can be used for other things. Don't forget your tranny adapter pieces and parts.

I'm guessing he'll want to keep the 700R-4 tranny too. Everything else I think he is selling.
Posted via Mobile Device

We will just be stripping down the '90 that weekend. About the only parts being transferred over to the '95 is the transmission and t-case, the KC lights, and a winch.

All the other usable/salvageable parts will be stripped off and put up for sale to help fund the project.

Holly crap, Kevin's a Moderator?

Subscribing;)

So who is thinking of showing up? Just trying to get an idea of the number of people planning on coming. You may want to bring a lawn chair and if someone has an ezup that might be a good idea if it is warm.

Any extra tools needed? Jacks? Anything? I may come down for the day.;)

still thinking of it if i am around on the 5th

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sent a PM to everyone who I think needs my address to get to my place. If anyone else needs it PM me and I will send it to you.

Back