• Register Today It's free!

Best Extended Radius Arms Kit?

azexplorer4by

Reaction score
City, State
Prescott, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer 4 door
What would be the best extended radius arms kit, for the price? I am going to be running a pieced together 4" lift kit... Trail master front coils and drop brackets, superlift 4" rear springs, and probally a double front shock set up. I was leaning toward tube type RA's. Maybe James Duff or Superlift kits. Anyone that can give me insight into this would be a life saver.

Thanks, Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a search on superlift and you'll find they break a lot, even the new design. I mananged to break a duff one, but it might have been my fault, couldn't really tell. Also I only have 10.5" tires on 3.75" backspaced wheels and get rub at full lock on one side. I'd maybe check tuff country, no one here has used them yet, but they are shaped to avoid tire rub. Also camburg, autofab, or any of those companies would be good.

i'd go skyjacker. Thats what I have, and I love em. they seem to be real beefy and hold up very well. I like the tube type better than the plate steel that superlift uses anyway.

Andy

I run the Duffs. I like them. Lots of Droop. The part I don't like though is the low slung rear mounts. They mounted up fairly easy and help my flex a ton. I am running stock rims and 10.50s and they rub pretty major on the bars. If you are running dual Duff hoops, I would use the duff arms because they are made to work together. I ran the dual hoops w/o the arms and it made my front end too stiff. Also it dented one shock because it was designed to be used w/ the arms. Now I am running the Arms w/o the hoops and i had to make a lower shock mount because it was designed to use w/ the hoops.

I hear the skyjackers are awesome and the rough countrys are a good set up too. I think a jonny joint would work better than the rear mount of the Duffs that are early bronco set ups. I got my Duffs Really Cheap Though;)

Heres a Pic of my lower mountArms

You can see the mount and where my tires rub

Heres a before Droop Shot (W/ 235s)before

and an after w/ 33s and a SOA (sway bars still on)after

Back