Big Bear in May... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear in May...

Lol, I knew what you were saying. Just letting you know that it could be feasible to split the group if need be.

That is as long as you can find someone willing to follow you...:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...you know my theory...at least three equal trucks for the big stuff, so you could at least get strapped from either end...i like to be somewhat safe...:confused:..gold mountain could be good...:scratch:

...i might still bring the ranger..:dunno:...it has some good striping now and a few new dent's thanks to YOU and big bear...:rolleyes:

...i will return the favor...maybe show's hill again...:p:...j/k...

Oh, I'll do it again...

I just have to wait until I can afford the time off and gas to get back down to TH.

Edit-and just so you know, I ended up with three dents and an unknown number of scratches thanks to that hill...:p:

...ok, i only got 3 dents and my pass side got some gnarley striping so we are even..:p:...i will probably be a zombie by the time i get to big bear and i'm waiting to go to pismo to get some good cruizin in...:D

Yeah the ground clearance will be even better with the SOA also. Scored a sweet deal on an 8.8 with 4.56's and an ARB, just need to have a machine shop remove the broken center pin retaining bolt so i can swap brakes.

...some of the trails it would be fine...most importantly, good tow hooks front and rear will let you get out of trouble real quick and i just replaced my clevis i lost on the mojave trail...;)

...if we get a bunch of 4x2's going on this trip i'll bring my X for tow rig and maybe boomer could head us to 4x2 friendly trails with 4x4 bypass's..:scratch:...this could be fun to see what you want to try...dents and scratches are definately possible but i would like to see the 4x2's have some fun too..:D

3n16 aka Cyber Hwy. is 2x4 friendly :D

or maybe we can switch off to Cleghorn??

Unless Boomer has something else in mind

So far the only 2wd's are Carlover and Micro. Both of them should do fine on just about any trail in BB that I'm able to do. Besides what fun would it be if we didn't have a strapping or two...

...:shifty_ey..strapping...did someone say strapping???....i haven't rolled out my strap for a couple weeks...:bounce:...thats just the motivation i need to start thinking on doing some work on my X...just maintenance stuff but i need to get er done...:D

Yeah, I need to find some motivation. I haven't had my truck in the dirt in over a month, and still haven't completely clean it out from TDS...:confused:

...But I did get to wheel my fire engine over in Lake Arrowhead last Tues-Wed...:D

...can a civilian drive the fire truck??? i would love to take the monster out for a test drive...:D
...have you checked out the trail 2n06 i think it was???

Nooooooo, you can't drive *my* $230,000 truck...:p:

...and not yet. Like I said, I need some motivation. Maybe a week day run before this one.

Edit-I should say *our*, since your tax dollars helped pay for it...

...:shifty_ey..strapping...did someone say strapping???....i haven't rolled out my strap for a couple weeks...:bounce:...thats just the motivation i need to start thinking on doing some work on my X...just maintenance stuff but i need to get er done...:D

I already started getting my junk in order now for the upcoming runs :D

speaking of straps i need to get one.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...3"x30' at 4wheelparts for 35 bucks...;)

Back