• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Big Bear July 18,19,20

JAY

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Holy crap, that's Jay's old explorer!

This is a pic of it from the 2000 (first annual) Truck Haven Trip

thaven_jayedgesml.jpg

Ha Ha, Look at that, people actually remember me!!!

Chris emailed me though my craigslist ad and said he had posted a link. I had all but forgot about this site actually. I poked around this site and now i don't want to sell the darn Explorer! The poor thing hasn't seen a trail since the Moab 2000 trip. Anyway I am back out in San Diego now after being away for almost 7 years, maybe I will put the ol girl back on the trail. Anyone willing to help with a 5.0 swap?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Welcome back..:D

...Speaking of Moab, there is a Moab run in 3 weeks...;)..and i am glad to hear you are thinking of putting your X to good use..:thumbsup:

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Hey Jay, my username back then was fenderguy. Don't sell it and get it out on the trails again. There is a run at least once a month around here. :thumbsup:

JAY

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Oh man, last time I went out there things went bad!

Bill (RangerX) rolled his truck, I blew my rear locker and had to drive all the way back to SD with it locked, got stranded on the 15 cause I ran out of cash and had exceeded my daily limit on my check card! Oh yeah, definately want to head back there soon!

JAY

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Hey Jay, my username back then was fenderguy. Don't sell it and get it out on the trails again. There is a run at least once a month around here. :thumbsup:

Yeah I figured out who you were after i clicked on your myspace link!

I really am thinking of keeping it now (stupid internet), but I don't know how much I'll actually be able go out. I have too many damn hobbies already! Between racing snowmobiles (one year left I think) and now this whole sportbike stuntin thing I got addicted to, (and i should probably find a job), I'm hard pressed to free up any extra time! Besides my truck has the same build (with exception of my new rear axle) as it did back in 2000. I wouldn't ba able to hang with you guys, I'm still running 33s!!!!

JAY

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Alright, IF it doesn't sell before the ad expires I'll keep it. I should probably get a job before I start breaking stuff on that thing though!

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
Oh man, last time I went out there things went bad!

Bill (RangerX) rolled his truck, I blew my rear locker and had to drive all the way back to SD with it locked, got stranded on the 15 cause I ran out of cash and had exceeded my daily limit on my check card! Oh yeah, definately want to head back there soon!

...:thumbsup:...It sounds like a great time and a trip to remember...:D

...We will be heading to Pismo Beach for some fun next month if you are interested...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207080

CJExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4X4
KEEP IT!! PUT IT ON THE TRAILS!:thumbsup:

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Bumping for Dave Alfaro...:D

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
Man been so long since i have this thread i forgot about it. But still in i think i can afford a tank or 2 gas to get up there and back again. :D

i wonder if my buddy with the Tahoe gonna make it this time????:D

Brother_of_Jefe

Elite Explorer ??
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Canyon Country, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Wrangler Sahara
I'm officially out. :( Already have three other conflicting commitments.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
I'm officially out. :( Already have three other conflicting commitments.

...Sorry to here you and Stic-o are out, and I understand about gas killing the chance for some trips...Right now I am a maybe as I was told my Yuma job in may will probably be happening at this time, but who knows..:dunno:

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
...Sorry to here you and Stic-o are out, and I understand about gas killing the chance for some trips...Right now I am a maybe as I was told my Yuma job in may will probably be happening at this time, but who knows..:dunno:

more house then gas, $5 a gallon ain't gonna stop me:p:

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
maybe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Maybe still.