• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Big Bear July 18,19,20

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...This is the discussion thread for the Big Bear July 18,19,20 run...

...This is fri-sat leave sunday camping trip to include the gold mountain run, and the rock garden...
...and here is a link to the Big Bear trip we just got back from..;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214861

For Sure's
Tbars
Boomer12
Mounty71
Cybergasm
Ritsui
Askingxforxit
PCola

Maybe's
FAKRWEE
Froader
Stic-o
CJExplorer
Brother of Jefe
Rockranger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
In as of now.

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Wow, that was quick!

If I'm still local, I'll probably only be able to make it for one day/night.

CJExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4X4
I'm Can't go....:(
Got college orintation that weekend

Too Bad....

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Here's a link for the campgrounds on the forest with size/fee info for you to start looking at. Most of them on the Mountain Top Ranger District (MT) should be open, but some will undoubtedly be affected by the fire closures.

FAKRWEE

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Carlsbad, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Jeep Rubicon
I'm out. I'll be working that weekend.:mad: Before gas prices soared I could say no to jobs, but now whole different ball game.

Ritsui

Pilot of dogcraft
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4
/subscribed

For camping, it's also possible to show up on Thursday and grab a yellow post site. No facilities, but no $$ either :). Don't wait until Friday for free campsites as all the good ones will be gone by Friday this time of year.

If, on the other hand you are loaded with $$$, there are some great B&Bs all across the mountains. There are even some within spitting distance of trails.

askingxforxit

Reaction score
City, State
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
In the market
Count me in as of now but I will probably rolling stock. Hopefully I can at least get a TT and shackles with tires by then. If all else fails I can just park my ex and hop in with someone.

Any cost for camp site fee?? Adventure passes?? Green stickers??

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
Subbing to stay up with this. :D

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...IIRC, camping is like 25 bucks for the campsgrounds that have showers, and some let you have a second vehicle for about $5...these campgrounds are on north shore drive, real close to the discovery center..;)...boomer12 posted in post #6, a link to the campgrounds...and as ritsui said, there are even free campgrounds...
...at this time of year, reservations would be a plus as i have been up there to camp and couldn't even find a motel room...

...this brings up a good question...when is "miner's day's"???

Ritsui

Pilot of dogcraft
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4
Any cost for camp site fee?? Adventure passes?? Green stickers??
For camp site fees, click the link Boomer posted above. The only free camp sites are "yellow post" sites. They can be found along some of the trails.

Adventure pass is (about) $30. IIRC, a 2nd car pass is only $5 more.

Brother_of_Jefe

Elite Explorer ??
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Canyon Country, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Wrangler Sahara
subscribing - (but I'm taking my Scouts to Zion's starting that weekend.)

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...for those who can't make it that weekend, is there another weekend in july which would be better???...4th of july should be a no for most people, especially boomer12..

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
...for those who can't make it that weekend, is there another weekend in july which would be better???...4th of july should be a no for most people, especially boomer12..

25-27th? I just can't do anything before the 18th.

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
All of July is pretty much bad for me, but I'm close enough that I can sneak up after work for a campfire song, or maybe even a night run...;)

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...can you put in for a saturday off if we get a nailed down date..:scratch:...and any night run in big bear would be interesting...i'm gonna start cleaning my rock lights...:D

PCola

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ranger 4x4
I'll wait till you get the dates finalized but we are in! I don't know about the camping thing though. I would like to stay at a motel because unless I bring my camper(too expensive) I am not going to tent it. I'm much too spoiled for that. I'm going to try to go with the folks at Inland Empire 4x4 club on their pre-run for their event in June. They are going out at the end of May and run Gold Mtn. the direction I crave. Great pics and video young master Chris.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Doubtful...

There are two other people on my module that have preplanned (approved) vacations out of state during the last 3 weeks of July, and (un)fortunately I've become to valuable when it comes to staffing needs.