Big Bear in May... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear in May...

...3"x30' at 4wheelparts for 35 bucks...;)

[vent] Screw 4WP! The may have good prices, but I'm never going back! [/vent]

:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Trust me when dealing with 4wp it best to go the main warehouse since they will most likely have the parts you are looking for rather than going to the branch stores and having to wait for it.

So I was out playing (I mean working :p:) in Holcomb valley today, and the weather was perfect. The temp was in the mid-sixties and nothing but sunshine, and blue sky...

Only two more weeks to away...:D

..it threatened rain down here all day today..:rolleyes:

It's all in the altitude...:D

On a positive note Crab flats sounds like it's open, so the area around Lake Arrowhead is a viable option again. Still waiting for the trails in between though...

...hopefully next weekend i will have a day to work on my X...maintenance and a little bling...see my project X thread...:D

Yea, im up in big bear this weekend and the weather is great! Its a little chilly in the shadows, but still nice.

Is the May 3rd date still on the calendar? and BTW would you guys mind if i rode with one of you on the trails?? Id love to go out there, but dont wanna take mine out there.

...it's still a go and we should have plenty of seats...:D...but be sure to bring yours so we can see it...;)

Sounds GREAT!:D Yea of course i wanna bring up my X and show it. My dad might bring the black X we've been working on, finally got it running:thumbsup: I was out and about today up in big bear and I was over near the visitors center and a huge group of about 20 Jeeps Pulled out and it made me think of the trip in May

Grrr. Got lots of work to do for this.

CJ, if I had known you were up there then I would have invited you over to the station for lunch or something...

Unfortunately today I'm taking the engine down to Lytle Creek to support the Lone Pine burn project. Oh well, if you happen to see a big green FS fire engine don't be afraid to wave...:wavey:

Ah...too bad. I should be up there next weekend, maybe we could get together??

I won't be up there next Sat. so we'll have to see what's going on Sunday...
I'll send you my cell # later in the week.

Ok, i got 2 friends coming along for the ride, and they're expecting us to show them a good time. :) Just hope i can get everything on the truck in order by the 3rd.

Mounty-the more the merrier...:)

Tbars-congrats on making the finals.:thumbsup:

..and last call for trail requests before I start trying to figure out the route for the day...

All i know is i want more challenging than just a leisurely trail ride, but not hardcore crawling. But you can decide which trail would be best suited for us.

...:eek:...thats like leaving the fox to guard the hen house, lol...we are in trouble now...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha, don't scare them too much Tbars. Just because I occasionally find a trail that results in some sort of body damage is no reason to get them all worked up...

It'll be a nice relaxing day, with plenty of scenery. ;)

Back