Big Bear in May... | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear in May...

Well it's official. I'm in:p: I didn't want to say anything till I was sure. I live in Carlsbad so I'm 121 mi. away. I'll be leaving at 6:00 AM and should be there in 2 1/2 hr. approx.

I won't be staying for dinner. I have visitors at my house at 8:00 PM.

If anyone wants to PM me his cell I'll do the same just in case something unexpected happens.

I have to remember to take my CB antena. Somebody remind me tomorrow so I don't have a senior moment.:confused::rolleyes:

I'll be meeting a lot of new people which is great. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...and i hear tom is real good with a gps...:D

...for those who haven't seen his navajo(?) yet, it is well worth heading to big bear just to see it...:thumbsup:

well one of the main reasons me and jim were coming to big bear was to test out how well jim's tacoma would do towing the navajo. but the tacoma is having some brake troubles and is in the shop right now, so hopefuly it will be ready to roll by tomorrow night (fingers crossed) if not, the navajo will just drive up and back on its own power.

Fakrwee, glad to have you along.

Sorry to hear about Jim's taco, hopefully it's nothing big.

Hey Micro, are you two still coming?

I'm currently way behind the curve with my truck:(. Still hoping to get a couple more small things done tomorrow morning, then it's off to a uhhh...work function tomorrow afternoon :chug::D.

Cleaned out the truck today and all i gotta do is pack it up for the weekend after school, grab the dog, and hit the road. If anyone needs to get ahold of me PM me and Ill send you my cell. And BTW if you guys dont know, my name is Chris.

Looking forward to meeting you all in a little over a day. See ya soon:salute:

after taking to our trusted brake shope, then to the dealer where they were stumped for a while and had a bunch of tech's look at it, the tacoma is grivin good again :thumbsup:

...:thumbsup:...

I pretty sure everyone who is coming has my cell #...:scratch:...if not pm me so I can get it to you.

Thanks, I'm putting antena on right now. :D

Ill make sure to grab mine too:thumbsup:

Looks like I'm ready to go. Got my bad tire replaced, finally did relay/switch wiring so 4WD should work. Got my amp wiring cleaned up and covered with a kick plate, so my tunes shouldn't die on the trail.

Still haven't finished:
- Front skid plate.
- Sliders.
- Tube bumper.
- RCD/ARB/SAS/OHMY!

Oh well, where would the challenge be if I could just drive over everything? :cool:

Just finished a systems check and all I could fix is fixed and ready. All fluids and gas tank full. Tire pressure good. Antena and walking stick in rig. All is good. Now let's see what the trail has in store:eek:

See you guy's tomorrow at 9:00. :D

...i just did my system check...hosed it off so i can see out the windows and 19.46 gal. of fuel...if i get the tools out i might not make it...:eek:...i got a 50/50 chance and i'm gonna take it...:D

So is everyone just packing food to eat on the trail?

...i've got stuff in the back leftover from mojave desert trail..:eek:...in fact, the back is full of stuff..:scratch:...i'm scared to see exactly what's still back there...:eek:

...pack something to eat, but save room for dinner afterwards...;)

I'm packing two meals + minimal hiking rations.

See everyone in the AM :)

...does the two meals mean khiori is also attending...:scratch:

Nah. I just don't think I can make it to dinner, so I'm bringing enough for a snack on the way home.

ready to go :cool:

don't think the tacoma is gonna like towing, but hopefuly we'll get more than 9mpg :dunno:

Im Up in Big Bear and Ready to Go!

Got up here about 5pm and just been chilling at our cabin.

2 Morrow!!...only 12 hours away!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...i've got stuff in the back leftover from mojave desert trail..:eek:...in fact, the back is full of stuff..:scratch:...i'm scared to see exactly what's still back there...:eek:

...pack something to eat, but save room for dinner afterwards...;)

If it's moving....leave it alone:eek:

I'm just bringing sandwiches and liquids, I won't be staying for dinner.

Last post see, you all on the morrow.

Back