How to: - Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!! | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
viewpoints

Another way to look at it is:

98's are probably worth around $9k blue book (just a guesstimate didn't take the time to look it up) If you dump Even 20K into it (about the price of a Brand new one) Which are you going to have a higher level of satisfaction from - not to mention uniqueness - a Brand New Stock "me 2" X , or a fully customized "WOW" machine. Many folks wouldn't think twice about buying a new one.

Just my thoughts.

BTW GREAT TRUCK!!!

(now if I could just convince my Wife of the same thing.........)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You older guys crack me up. I have always been the one that gets along with the older folks. I enjoy learning from them and also hopefully teaching them a thing or two. I know that there are quite a few guys on this board that are older than me yet we still make sure we get together at least once a month for grilling, building, bs'ing, etc. BBQ I just cant wait for you to come to Dallas for our next NukinFutz gathering :)

spindlecone said:
Slow down hoke you scarin me to death man, takes a real man to say the above, as you age the trick is to maintain an 18 year old attitude about the automotive stuff like Ron And I, and devote 100% of your time dickin with your toys, ya I know at your age girls are still important also but hell after 25 yrs of being married your truck will be your most imoportant ride, trust me.
I know you meant no harm but us old guys get sensitive as our minds start to slip a tad
Off to get my meds now, later:)

Thank you sir.. that last post I deemed a little loquacious so I cut to the chase.

Trckmagik said:
You older guys crack me up. I have always been the one that gets along with the older folks. I enjoy learning from them and also hopefully teaching them a thing or two. I know that there are quite a few guys on this board that are older than me yet we still make sure we get together at least once a month for grilling, building, bs'ing, etc. BBQ I just cant wait for you to come to Dallas for our next NukinFutz gathering :)
I look forward to it. I have back surgery coming up in about 2 weeks from today, the 20something th, but after that I hope to get around to stomping some bugs on my windshield.

No problem Hokie. We all have been there. Nice of ya to apologize. It's water under the bridge. Just think, one day you will be on the dark side, LOL.

:hammer: Have been known to be a little long winded at times, adious, am off to my medical chatroom, been talkin and ragin for 3 days with some idiots over stool softeners, great discussions, is important ****

spindlecone said:
ya I know at your age girls are still important also but hell after 25 yrs of being married your truck will be your most imoportant ride, trust me.

That is, by far, one of the funniest things I have ever read on this board.
applaudit.gif

BTW, hell of a nice looking truck, BBQ.

Mike

Well once again another very disappointing trip to get an update. All of the doors and trims have been finsished now and are off to the paint shop but have not returned. I have surgery set up on my back next Friday the 25th. So there cut-off date is exactly 1 week after that. Allot will be done next week for sure. LOL, heard that one before. But here is all I have in the line of an update. Sorry if yall are getting tired of this so I guess I won't post here again until she comes out of the shop. But when she comes out she will be dropped with the X-Spec lowering kit, will have the airdam on and the PIAA Pro90's will be installed alone with the billet grill and bumper insert. Small consilation for such a long wait, but means allot to me.

Here is one of the parts we waited on from the paint shop. The center to the amp rack looking from the driver's seat to the rear at the pair of 540's.

215126-19AmpRack.JPG

Here is rear shot.

215126-19Rear_2.JPG

Here is a rear shot holding up the new red painted Ford Emblems to get an idea of how it will look.

215126-19Rear.JPG

Hey BBQ, are you sponsored or something? How can you afford all these crazy mods??? :burnout:

Think of how much money retired guys throw into restoring an old porsche or something. This is his way of doing something similar to that. (looks great by the way, best of luck with surgery)

Private_Joker said:
Hey BBQ, are you sponsored or something? How can you afford all these crazy mods??? :burnout:
I wish I was sponsored. It's called saving money. I got a rather hefty settlement for an injury and I took part of that and said hey, I'm gonna fix up my Explorer with that. I was going to trade it off and get something different until I ran across the lowering kit that hopefully makes the rollover rate slower if not obsolete. Plus I like the way it looks lowered with big tires and wheels on it. Kind of beefy look to it, LOL.

Arggg, surgery in the morning at 7AM. Nothing after midnight tonight, ya right, LOL. Like that's going to happen. I always have a cup of coffee before I leave, unless I was going to have my guts cut open. Will see yall when I get back. Hopefully sooner than later.

Don't Whine, I just got home after 2 weeks in the Hospital from Back Surgery. Yeah, Mine is worse. But im 2 inches taller now.

whats going on, where's the update

LOL, I wish it was right here. We are stuck waiting on a painter with a bad attitude. He has some of the parts that we need to complete the job. Last word Friday was he was bringing them Saturday. That and 1 buck and I may could get a cup of coffee. Will ahow the complete install if it ever get's finished.

so whats the update, hows the system coming? Done yet?

And how did your back surgery go? I know mine was rough as hell and I also know that you were back to your projects much sooner than I was and you are pushing 50 and im pushing 18 (AKA I heal faster from surgery like that).

Thanks for thinking of me gang. The back surgery was a success. I feel so much better now. The first month was hell, but it smoothed out after that. I still have some real bad days, but nothing like before. Should have done that a long time ago. The stereo system is coming to a close. Hopefully will be posting some beautiful pictures of it before long. Just got the final pieces painted and now to complete the install.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
Trust me, I recognize it to be a big theft target, especially when you post and share the pictures of it on line as I have done. I would say there is already a dozen or so thiefs already plotting on how to steal it with my license plates showing and stuff, so they know where I live. When doing a big audio system and installing an extra battery or 2 or 3 or more, LOL, there are many more options available to you than the standard alarm install package with a kill switch. Since you do have other power supplies, some in plain site and others hidden, you can do alternatives. But if a thief wants that stereo, not much you can do to stop it except make them play on your turf. My stereo nor my truck will be stolen at home, I can promise you that. But I can't stop a thief who wants it so bad that they would follow me around till I park it in a parking lot to do some shopping and then they could simply jack the vehicle with a wrecker and make way with it. I don't know if a cop would even notice that it is being towed with the alarms sounding. I need to check into that with HPD on what there procedure is. Then a thief would take it to an undisclosed location and start cutting wires until all of the alarms stop and then strip it down to bare metal. But that is about there only option on my vehicle. Nowadays, with so many alarms on the market and everyone having one, the sound of it makes your first instinct say, adjust the motion sensers on it. Come on buddy, get with the program, LOL. I hear alarms all the time and pay them no mind. But they won't drive away in my vehicle. Nor will they spend much time in it at my house without arising me, my family, my neighbors, or the dogs. Someone will notice it here, but not at a mall or something and then only time will be an issue. You can't simply crawl under my truck, cut some wires, and then off to the farmer's market you go, LOL. Years of experience have taught me better. Only a handful of people know everything about my truck. Me and the insurance company know everything, and then serveral different installers know a little each, and only 1 installer, the current one, knows it all. He has to, cause all of the wires are there and of course he asked about why this battery is here and why this one is there and so on and on. LOL, not to say too much, but it was mostly done "before" the major install ever begin and then some more added after the batteries were installed and the ground work began. I don't mind spending a few thousand to try and protect a few more thousand, but it has to be done. Al, if you would like to know more privately, let me know. I can help you.

i'm not sure if this has been covered, since i'm just now reading, but I have a gps antenna that sends a signal to a company that I'm subscribed to. I can look at my own vehicle on my computer online. and it'll tell me where it is. so it's something to keep in mind as another security add-on incase someone steals the vehicle rather than just the stereo.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back