Black headlights installed (with pictures) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black headlights installed (with pictures)

Finished these today as my birthday gift to myself. I am in LOVE with them. They make the front of the truck look so much cleaner and crisper. Really, really like them. Not sure how the light is at night, but it looks to be about stock. Gonna throw some Silverstars in 'em a few weeks down the road.

Old:

front1.jpg

New:

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks all.

Buffalo - No, they're made by Eagle Eyes I think, and they're all over eBay.

bigapple - I was thinking about putting Silverstars in, but i just finished getting everything aimed and whatnot, I might do it in the summer, but for now these are a good enough upgrade over stock.

Blaze - thanks...it's a car show/swap meet, check it out: http://www.racewaypark.com/main/08events/SpringSwap2008.pdf

askingforit - Thanks man. I would stick to eBay, that site is very pricey. I think I paid about $160 shipped for mine, I don't remember the exact total.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking about getting a pair of those but I was wondering if the black headlights are as bright as the regular housing at night. Let's face it our lights aren't that great to begin with and I don't want to make it worse(do alot of driving in the country).

The output is brighter than the stock headlights, at least for me - but mine were pretty fogged as you can see in the first photo. The corners are the ones that have the black housing, and who cares if the amber light is a little bit weak? Not me, haha. The headlight background is chrome, and because it's so clear, you gain light.

Hahaha, shuttup Charlie. :D

It's really not bad at all.

The output is brighter than the stock headlights, at least for me - but mine were pretty fogged as you can see in the first photo. The corners are the ones that have the black housing, and who cares if the amber light is a little bit weak? Not me, haha. The headlight background is chrome, and because it's so clear, you gain light.

Cool thanks.

definitely... with the clear lens in the new housings as opposed to the old ones with all the fogged lens with the reflectors u get much more light on the road

That looks really good, cleans up the front end of your truck rather nicely. :thumbsup:
I love After-market headlight housings on explorers :D

What a sweet rig... Man that looks gooood!
023.gif

super nice ex man but i gotta know how much did u end up spending for that suspension and lift???? i dont want mine that high or beefy but im looking at getting about a 3" lift for my 95

and btw my lights were way more foggy than urs and i just ordered new crystals for mine will try and post a link for before/after pics when new housings come in

super nice ex man but i gotta know how much did u end up spending for that suspension and lift???? i dont want mine that high or beefy but im looking at getting about a 3" lift for my 95

It's just a cheap $160 3'' body lift and then a 2'' suspension lift that cost a total of $50. The famous "TT/Shackles".

can you point me in the right direction to buy those kits?? where did you buy them??

Run a search on it, it's been discussed millions of times. For the 3'' body lift you need to order performance accessories kit 853 for the Ford Ranger because none are made for the Explorer. For the suspension lift you need only warrior shackles for the rear, and the front you're just twisting the torsion bars.

Blaze - thanks...it's a car show/swap meet, check it out: http://www.racewaypark.com/main/08e...have heard alot about it. Thanks for the info

Swet. Looks great.
What are the name of your headlights? / brand?
Also, what brand of corner lights are those? Where did you purchase them both?

I think the brand is "Eagle Eyes" and the headlights and corners came together off of eBay.

Back