Black Headlights Installed Today (PICS!) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black Headlights Installed Today (PICS!)

Got my black headlights which I ordered off of ebay, today. It cost me $150 with free shipping. Had some trouble, at first, on how to get the lights out but I eventually got the hang of it (didn't realize just what was meant by the black tabs. I thought you pinched the entire square black box with the screw in the middle). All together, I like them a lot. I added a black bug deflector to match, also.

Pics!:

Before:
P10109004.jpg

After:
P1010010.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! How is your night driving? Vision diminished any?

i've had ebay black headlights installed for close to 6 months now with silverstar lamps, much brighter than stock and looks very clean.

just wait until you put hids in them.

you'll love em.

looks good keep up the good work

Dang I like the looks of those! Wish they made something like that when I had my charcoal f-150, that would've looked awesome!

Those look really good. Now I have another "want" for my truck.

Nice! How is your night driving? Vision diminished any?

Its really not diminished. It is about the same. I like them a lot! They make the front of the truck look so much better. I wanted to start making my Ex look more diverse. Where I live, I have never seen an explorer with these lights. I thought these would be a good place to start.

When I put mine in, they were actually brighter than stock because my stock lights were so badly fogged.

They look great. :thumbsup:

one thing I do notice with these headlights are that they have slight shadows due to the way the light is reflected.

I haven't removed the reflector covers to see what that will do yet, just didn't want to remove the lights again.

Glad to see you got them installed.

Ken

When I put mine in, they were actually brighter than stock because my stock lights were so badly fogged.

They look great. :thumbsup:

Mine are still in great the shape. The OEM ones, that is. I am actually looking to sell them.

looks very good.

They look awesome!

Looks sik man!

Back