blue screen | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

blue screen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll copy that as my previous protests that it was time to start replacing parts have been denied by Ford. It came on again this afternoon, if it's on again in the morning I'll be headed for the dealer again.

Hmmm..... That SB refers to my vehicle production date range, but only recommends a software update which has already been done..... :(

Thank you.....

^ They should stop trying to update the software and replace the camera processing module camera. The following is from our Recall/TSB threads.

Peter
That SB is over a year old dated April 2021. Also, it's only for a software update, not a module replacement. That update business was what started the issues with mine. I'd never had an issue until the dealer did this one about a year ago. Then they issued another one about last November which was also done, after the second one is when all my problems started.

That SB is over a year old dated April 2021. Also, it's only for a software update, not a module replacement. That update business was what started the issues with mine. I'd never had an issue until the dealer did this one about a year ago. Then they issued another one about last November which was also done, after the second one is when all my problems started.
I realize that, but to me the logical step to follow if the software updates don't work is to replace the camera itself. Ford was concerned enough about it to name it a 'Recall'.

Peter

Ford has so far, refused to replace the module or the camera...... :(

hello everyone maybe you guys can fill me in on if anyone else is having this problem..I have a 2020 Explorer ST 7 months old and over the pass few weeks from time to time whenever I go into reverse I'm getting a blue screen and it's telling me on my dash that my backup access is not available..but few hrs later it would be back to normal and working just fine like nothing ever happened
I am having the same problem, and the dealer keeps charging me to get it looked at. every time there they never find an error code and it is extremely frustrating. it always happens at the most random time and the dealer has the worst customer service, I walked in on them talking bad about me for complain about having to pay for a recall, i asked them if they always spoke about their customers that way and the girl had the nerve to say yes.

I am having the same problem, and the dealer keeps charging me to get it looked at. every time there they never find an error code and it is extremely frustrating. it always happens at the most random time and the dealer has the worst customer service, I walked in on them talking bad about me for complain about having to pay for a recall, i asked them if they always spoke about their customers that way and the girl had the nerve to say yes.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
There is nothing stopping you from finding another dealer if there is one around. What they are charging you for is probably the diagnostics since the problem likely isn't happening when they have the vehicle. If they actually performed the recall, then there should be no charge.

Peter

This account of events is very strange.

You should have an error code stored, and what is "keeps charging me", you would take it back to the same shop that charged you once and didn't have a diagnosis, to be charged again for no diagnosis?

Does not compute. They may have treated you badly but something is very "off'/fishy. It could just be a terrible shop but then why did you go back to the same shop?

Back