Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally got round to tidying up all the wires and getting the install running properly.

Sony XAV-7W flip out head unit
Sony DVX-100 10 disc DVD changer
Sony XT-XM1 XM satellite radio module
10" MTX thunderform in factory sub location
4 Limited factory door speakers
250w amp for sub

Si

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...details on the 'stang?

how the hell are you going to do a soa on that, let alone a 4x4 conversion?!?!?!

well.... she's a 95 GT 5.0 5 speed
179k kms, new shocks, new brakes, new tires, rebuilt trans, rebuilt rear end, new performance clutch, flowmaster exhaust and a K&N.

And she's Bright Sapphire.... and the noise is amazing!!

Plenty of plans for her... SOA and 4x4 are NOT on that list... lol

Si

dear god... noooooo.... the outside will stay pretty much the same... maybe...

Si

Does that mean that it will instead be a six second car?

It's been a while since I've done anything with Pickle... I've not even driven her for a month... so last night, I took her to my friends shop to fix a few issues that have been annoying me since I built her...

Firstly, when I put her together, I couldn't find a graphite grey sport carpet, so I cut the 4dr carpet to suit... it was never perfect and it annoyed me...

Before....
CAM00167.jpg

I took the carpet out of the 01 sport I was breaking in the summer, I've cleaned it with the jet wash a handful of times and even steamed it once just to make sure there's no gremlins living in it.

After
CAM00168.jpg

Then, I had never been able to find leather seats for the rear that would match the fronts, until last month, so I snagged these 2 rears for $75.
One of the cushions were slightly damaged under the leather, so I took apart both seats and used the sponge from the fabric to repair the cushion on the leather. The sponge pads were different in the middle, but you can't tell with the covers on them.

Before
CAM00165.jpg

After
CAM00172.jpg

Then I put it all back together, and then I fixed the plastics on the sides of the front seats, they'd kinda been dragged off by people getting in and out.

I also adjusted my headlights and unplugged the white LED marker lights as one had developed this annoying flickering... and was probably going to get me a ticket...

Si

Looking good, Si.

I'm still looking for the same-leathers for my 99 mounty. I found a pristine set, from a Mountaineer no less at my local u-pull it. They were $75 for the whole set. I just happened upon them while looking for something else and I didn't have enough cash on me. So I left and went to the ATM and by the time I got back the seats were gone. That fast! In about 40 minutes my leather seat dreams were dashed on the rocks.

I've got 2 sets of graphite rears that I won't be using... haha... and they're in pretty good shape...

Si

Are the sport rears the same as the 4 doors?

no, the 4drs are 60/40 split... I've got 2 sets of them, it took me ages to hunt down a 50/50 for a sport....

Si

You know with all these parts you have that I want it might be cheaper to just take a trip up to the Great White North! lol

Now if I can only convince the wife that the 34 hour drive is worth it. lol

just don't tell her... haha

"honey... I'm going to take you somewhere you're and it's a surprise.... "

Si

Do like me and my girlfriend. When we don't want the other person to know where the driver is going we have the passenger put on a sleep mask...soon enough you'll be there.

I think my wife is in the Guinness book for the worlds smallest bladder. We take a 3 hour trip and we're stopping for a pee break! That would probably turn into a 60 hour drive easy. lol

Back