Blueka's Elite Registry | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's Elite Registry

Blueka's "Betty" Registry

I thought it was about time I put one up..

I've got a '97 4.0 SOHC UK spec Explorer..

I bought it in Dec 2005 and the next day all the timing slipped and wrecked one side of the engine!

It was off the road for 6 months while I saved up and found someone who knew how to fix it.

This is how it looked when I got it back:-

30062006001.jpg

After driving it for a while I decided that I didn't like all the chrome on it so got some '99 spec bumpers for it.

I also changed to a slightly newer grille with a darker centre, thought it looked better than the old one.

04022007.jpg

I then decided I was bored of the rear end and did the '99 rear end swap.. although I managed to bend the rear hatch and it don't sit straight..

01042007.jpg

I'd also managed to source some leather seats with seperate headrests so that I could install some screens in them for the passengers in the back seats.

16042007.jpg

I then found an all black front grille and some tear drop alloys to replace the chrome 3 spokes..

01032007003.jpg

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been a hell of a week, so progress was minimal, but, installed the new RC shocks, got the new torsion dampers on, so hopefully the entire front should be done by the end of the month.
20240324_175219.jpg

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Made some progress today, installed all new driveshafts, new lower ballpoint, and almost have the passenger side all finished. Held up by a seized brakeline fitting, and I also forgot to order a balljoint for the other side. So that should be here before next weekend. Front end is almost back together
20240330_183246.jpg

20240330_183304.jpg

Si

I had high hopes of doing loads this weekend, but I've torn my rotator cuff again and can't move my right arm, so had to enlist the help of my nephew.
Managed to get the other side pretty much all bolted up. I'm probably going to have to make some new brake lines to enable me to fit new calipers etc.
I've also ordered new u-bolts for the rear diff. Also need to sort out some new tyres.

Si

old v new
20240407_103602.jpg
20240407_132619.jpg

Had my nephew over again sunday to lend a hand as I'm still out of action and can't really do much.
Got most of the front end done, brake lines, I imagine, will probably need to be replaced, still need to do sway bar/links and front driveshaft aswell as fill the front diff. But for now, back on its wheels.
20240414_191437.jpg
20240414_191448.jpg
20240414_191507.jpg

Si

Got that Carolina lean lol

Back