Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I'm gealous, not of the 5.0, not of the perfect looking leather, not of the nice sounding sub, but of the snow. I want snow. :(

Alright I'll throw it in the air then walk through it.

I'll be waiting for my package.

Today I put Pickle in the shop as there was some moisture in the headlight that was stopping the halos from working...

While it was in there, I decided to add something I've wanted to add since I built her...

Before
CAM00229_zpsc5e433c2.jpg

After
CAM00230_zps9b1b6363.jpg

Si

Well, I've been busy for the last couple of months, but finally got around to installing the CB I bought from Stic-o almost a year ago!

CAM00284_zps18ee0dc0.jpg

And using this thread
Clicky

I made this
CAM00333_zps7091f819.jpg

Si

I was bored this week, so aside from giving Pickle her first polish since I got her (3 years ago) I decided she needed a new look...

mmmm Shiny
CAM00325_zpse58cdddd.jpg

CAM00326_zps9d133a2e.jpg

CAM00327_zpsac24fbe9.jpg

CAM00329_zpsa3a78ce3.jpg

CAM00328_zps1cef0db9.jpg

After 3 hours of masking, 1 hour of sanding, and nearly 3 hours of paint... I came up with this...

CAM00334_zpsae6adfb5.jpg

CAM00335_zps3011352b.jpg

CAM00336_zpse2145020.jpg

Si

Thanks, I couldn't afford new rims... so this was the next best thing... I was bored with how it looked.. had it 3 years now, been driving it for nearly 2!

Si

The way you painted the wheels sure makes it pop.

it's been a while since I did anything of interest really, I've changed all the interior bulbs to LED and today I shampooed the carpets and shined up the inside and outside... getting ready for a road trip next week...

I also did this

CAM00435_zps3bf84a23.jpg

Seeing as the spare was taking up most of the cargo area.. thought it made sense to tuck the wheel back underneath

Si

Thought I'd take some pictures of the inside and outside while she's still clean
CAM00437_zps980765ae.jpg

CAM00438_zps0fda8c3c.jpg

CAM00436_zps02556ce9.jpg

CAM00439_zps5bc5feb5.jpg

And finally got the 33" spare out of the cargo area and back underneath
CAM00440_zpse6b13dc5.jpg

Si

Took Pickle on her first proper road trip, 1600kms, fully loaded, 3 people, 3 dogs, luggage, 5R55E, 4 wheels and tires.... 60 gallons of fuel... and finally, the only 2 known V8 Sports in Canada got to meet for the first time
DSC09979_zps51ff4abc.jpg

And I picked up this "not so little" beauty up on the way home
E4406_zpsec8ec6e1.jpg

Big things are about to happen... stay tuned

Si

great to meet up with you again, and also finally get to see pickle.
people, i will say this, pictures do not do it justice either. si did a wicked job on pickle. this is the sport ford should have made. the truck is perfect IMO! nice job si, we shale see you soon!

Thanks Tim, but you're being far too kind...

She's far from perfect, but, I poured my heart n soul into her... I'm guessing that's what shows through... I had a riot on Saturday dude, I loved driving your truck, it's a proper little weapon... love it..

Si

Yesterday the stars aligned perfectly for me...
Sarah and I (she did the driving - she's such a superstar) took an 11 1/2 hour road trip to further my build...

We took with us, a set of 15" XLT rims, a full Limited leather interior, and an F150 front bumper and grille... we dropped them off at various points on the way... and then we got this

CAM00518_zps399510a0.jpg

1978 Ford Bronco Dana 44 :D

Si

Back