Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
We picked up a 2004 Corolla SE fuel miser today. Char drives 100 miles per day and our 2004 Mach 1 already has 50,000 miles on it.:eek: We don't want to get rid of the Mach 1 because of the fun factor :burnout: so we picked up something that will get nearly twice the fuel economy. She's spending $500+ a month now on premium fuel. The fuel savings alone should make the payments for the Corolla:eek:

The dealer experience was brutal as usual. They wanted me to pay for crap that I didn't want. I would have walked if I had to pay... This time it was some paint protection package that they have hard written into every contract. No ****... near the bottom line is a charge for $399. It's printed on the form in big bold type.

They claim the car already has it and they couldn't take it off. I basically say BFD, I don't want it or need it, so I'm not paying for it. Finally we had the charge backed out, and I was happy with the deal I made.

To me that's a hidden fee. When I work my best deal with the salesmen that's IT except for tax, licencse, title, etc... They always try to stick you with high dealer profit crap in the finance office.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congets Rick....I think :rolleyes: Poor Char...a Corolla! BWWAAAAA :p

At least she can still drive the Mach 1 every now and then :D Now if we had to trade it, then I'd feel sorry for her;)

Rick said:
At least she can still drive the Mach 1 every now and then :D Now if we had to trade it, then I'd feel sorry for her;)

Ahhh ..."and the truth shall set you free!" That was the explanation I was waiting for. I see how it works ;)

I hear Corolla's have a huge aftermarket support. Search around for speed upgrades, body kits, and graphics packages.

:p Hahahahaha

How about coffee can exhausts :D

My buddy's GF actually has one. Although it's a lot smaller car than I like being in.. you can't beat the fuel mileage.

Here's a little FYI. :D The 12V power source didn't even have enough juice to power my 17" laptop. :eek: So, don't plan on camping in this thing instead of the Dodge. :)

This car has a very limited role... All the 12v outlet needs to power is her Valentine radar detector :D

Rick said:
This car has a very limited role... All the 12v outlet needs to power is her Valentine radar detector :D

BWaaaa, does it go over 65? LOL!!! :D Maybe if you give the mice under the hood Super Pellets! :p

Stic-o said:
BWaaaa, does it go over 65? LOL!!! :D Maybe if you give the mice under the hood Super Pellets! :p

lol. Well none the less, with the rising price of fuel, its a good pick. Congrats on he new used car.

FROADER said:
I bet it's faster and more comfortable than my Explorer.

Good call ;) But that why you have the Audi, and I have the Volvo :D

FROADER said:
I bet it's faster and more comfortable than my Explorer.

Hate to say it, but I have to say yes to both;)

130HP in a little car definately does better than 160HP in a big ole SUV.

^^Awesome^^

Back