CALLING ALL NORTHERN CO GEARHEADS!! 4" lift project | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CALLING ALL NORTHERN CO GEARHEADS!! 4" lift project

i think this is the right place for this thread.
As some know, ive been planning a 4" superlift on the old girl. well, its on its way, and ive finally found a garage! so, im extending an offer/request that anyone who finds themselves in fort collins in the next week (10-22 to 10-29ish) with some time to kill is invited to lend a hand. id like to pump this out in as little time as i can, so help is appreciated. ESPECIALLY if you know how to pull a torsion bar :thumbsup:.

Also, has anyone done a "how to" on the slf-k494? if not, i just might.

Heres the game plan.
-4" superlift part k494 97-01 explorer/mountaineer
-new ball joints
-new tie rod ends
-new CVs
-33" bfg mud terrains
-new rotors if i can $$$
-god knows what else ill run into

lastly, does anyone know where to get a front drive shaft that will work for that lift? superlift wants $400, which i dont want to part with.

Anyone interested, PM me or leave a reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I feel left out as a Johns..town..ion? lol

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

haha outsider!! hows about norther coloradoans? grab a bite at chipotle or something.... come spring time lets see if we can get all of the colorado and surrounding places to make a run up the poudre canyon trails.

oh, and brett, any luck on that one place?

how bout a northern CO. wrench party....we can all wrench on mine ;) maybe get that yoke fixed, and the trans case in and who knows....:rolleyes:

I would be up for a wench party. Any Saturday would work as I occasionally work Sundays

Tim

I was being more sarcastic then serious, but maybe we should... :D I am planning to get that transfer case in over chritmas break from school (but if everybody wanted to get together and do that I wouldn't complain) but the only thing that sucks is my parents don't want me to do it in the garage cause they say it will make a mess. I can do whatever I want to the Explorer since it is all mine and I pay for everything on it, but since I don't own the garage...bit different story (mom didn't even like me changing my brakes or oil in there but she can live with the small things like that)

its not a garage untill a mess has been made :D

oh, and brett, any luck on that one place?

No... I kept calling saying I wanted to sign the lease and the ******* didn't return my calls. Then 2 days later he emails and says his buddy is going to be moving in. :mad:

I'm signing a month to month lease on a place on Drake/LeMay tomorrow. Really don't want to be that far away but at this point, I'm pretty much desperate for a place to live.

I was being more sarcastic then serious, but maybe we should... :D I am planning to get that transfer case in over chritmas break from school (but if everybody wanted to get together and do that I wouldn't complain) but the only thing that sucks is my parents don't want me to do it in the garage cause they say it will make a mess. I can do whatever I want to the Explorer since it is all mine and I pay for everything on it, but since I don't own the garage...bit different story (mom didn't even like me changing my brakes or oil in there but she can live with the small things like that)

that sucks, it's just a garage after all. unless it's carpeted or something who cares a little bit of fluid and grease is easy to clean up

its not a garage untill a mess has been made :D

I try telling pretty much the same line every time...:D

that sucks, it's just a garage after all. unless it's carpeted or something who cares a little bit of fluid and grease is easy to clean up

It's not carpeted, but it is "painted with a grey epoxy with the cute little blue, grey and white sprinkles layed into it" haha

I would do some of the car work on the driveway, next to house, or in the street but I live in a newer sub-division and damn HOA rules won't allow it and there are some people that just like to walk around and make sure that everybody follows these rules...I mean we can't even store our boat here, and its not like its a beater boat and just sits there year round, its well kept (clean trailer, cover, paint and prolly cost more then half the cars that sit in driveways) and it is used almost year round. The last fishing trip as of now was only the other weekend after thanksgiving(annual trip) and we do a annual fishing turney in early spring, called the "Ice breaker" so it gets used from when the ice is forming to when it is melting...

Sorry bout ranting on and on there, but the HOA is not my best friend...I can't wait to move out on my own and hopefully I will have a few acres and one hell of a shop...

No... I kept calling saying I wanted to sign the lease and the ******* didn't return my calls. Then 2 days later he emails and says his buddy is going to be moving in. :mad:

I'm signing a month to month lease on a place on Drake/LeMay tomorrow. Really don't want to be that far away but at this point, I'm pretty much desperate for a place to live.

bummer, ya dont offer something to someone then give it to someone else. well, ill be damned if its not a small world haha. i live in those apartments over there. drive isnt that bad as long as you dont use prospect from 4-5:45pm.

It's not bad to clean, pretty similar to the smooth concrete...doesn't stain like the concrete though, from what little oil has been on it...:p:

It's not bad to clean, pretty similar to the smooth concrete...doesn't stain like the concrete though, from what little oil has been on it...:p:

lol, that's to bad, a garage should be able to be used, I wish I could use my parents, but that would mean my moms explorer would have to be in the driveway and thats just not allowed. That poor thing never gets driven, the rotors are even rusting out:rolleyes:

but the only thing that sucks is my parents don't want me to do it in the garage cause they say it will make a mess.

yo sparky..

i know this post is a bit old, but if you ever need a place to work on your truck you are more than welcome to use my garage at my place... it's not huge but it's an oversized single car, plenty of room in it. and no moms here to tell ya not to make a mess, just me and my dog lol.
i live in lafayette, just PM me sometime and i'll give ya my number if you ever need it. I'm ordering new wheels, tires, and a bodylift later today and will need help putting that stuff on, hint hint hahahaha

Ya, I saw you posting about that in the lefthand carnage thread...I almost replied to that but I figured I would wait and see whats happening....

After doing my BL I said that I would never touch one again...not hard just long install or something cause it got to me....but I am kindof past that now so whenever you decide to pick it up and if brett lends a hands I may set aside some time and give a hand or two...

haha yeah i understand.. back when i lived in the midwest i was telling my dad my body lift plans and he did a lot of groaning about it because he knew he'd be putting it on... he had put one on a truck years back and must not have had a great experience with it ;-) he was all about putting a suspension lift on, which is all fine and good, but i told him he had to pay the difference and he wasn't all about that. he's probably just happy I live 10 hours away now so he doesn't have to bother with it.

but for real, if you ever need a garage to work in, let me know

will do, thanks for the offer

I'm ordering new wheels, tires, and a bodylift later today and will need help putting that stuff on, hint hint hahahaha

When are you planning on doing your BL install, I'm still up for a wrenching party.

ill give a hand to anyone who needs it. yall know where to find me!

and as a side note, its pretty sweet to get stopped by people who have never even dreamed of lifting a mountaineer. plus this thing is damn fine on the trail, just need some lockers and a manual t-case. i owe it all to EF haha :salute:

Back