CALLING ALL NORTHERN CO GEARHEADS!! 4" lift project | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CALLING ALL NORTHERN CO GEARHEADS!! 4" lift project

i think this is the right place for this thread.
As some know, ive been planning a 4" superlift on the old girl. well, its on its way, and ive finally found a garage! so, im extending an offer/request that anyone who finds themselves in fort collins in the next week (10-22 to 10-29ish) with some time to kill is invited to lend a hand. id like to pump this out in as little time as i can, so help is appreciated. ESPECIALLY if you know how to pull a torsion bar :thumbsup:.

Also, has anyone done a "how to" on the slf-k494? if not, i just might.

Heres the game plan.
-4" superlift part k494 97-01 explorer/mountaineer
-new ball joints
-new tie rod ends
-new CVs
-33" bfg mud terrains
-new rotors if i can $$$
-god knows what else ill run into

lastly, does anyone know where to get a front drive shaft that will work for that lift? superlift wants $400, which i dont want to part with.

Anyone interested, PM me or leave a reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shops never fail to miss deadlines. now i wont get it back till late tonight, but at least itll be done. the new tires and new rims look SICK. little narrow (10.5), but i kinda like that look.

PARTS FOR SALE/FREE- got a bunch of **** leftover, so here ya go lol

For sale- front kunckles, $25 a piece (free lower ball joint included, not responsible for the ball joints condition :confused:), local pick up only.

rear drag links for AWD V8 models-$5 a piece, local only

torsion key covers (96-97 explorer, 97-01 mounty ONLY)-$5 a piece, local only

FREE!!!!
-rear sway links, rear leafs (pretty well squashed, but thought id offer)

ill ship if you pay, IMO shipping isnt worth it with most the suff just because how heavy they are, though its all in great condition for 146k on the clock.

unclaimed items will meet mr. dumpster by this sunday (11-11-07), so speak now or forever hold your peace :thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

the new tires and new rims look SICK. little narrow (10.5), but i kinda like that look.

IMO, a 33x10.50 is the perfect size tire for mixed street/trail duty. If my Mounty had 15" rims thats the size that I would have.

As for the grinding noise... bad u-joint? Maybe we fubar'd it?

At first I was going to say I would take the knuckles and the balljoints so I don't have to change mine right now but now I remember what brett did to that one...EKK

At first I was going to say I would take the knuckles and the balljoints so I don't have to change mine right now but now I remember what brett did to that one...EKK

Ha, the drivers side ball joint was shot before I got to it... I just further removed any value from it ;) :hammer:

yeah i forgot we messed with that u joint. ill get the new drive this weekend hopefully so well see what that does. man i cant wait to show you all pictures, its so amazing! im speachless of it. im so impressed with the tire/wheel combo! spread the word of the parts if you know if any interest

little rubbing issues, fix that tomorrow. ok the moment youve all waited for. pictures!! ill get one of it flexing once i get the correct rear shock.

l_86d1f405ac49030d85414b10555fc246.png

l_b594dfed82a51884c4a813bf12689a2d.png

IM000997.jpg

IM000996.jpg

inch left on the screw on both sides. thanks!

Ha! I like the blue ball joint boot and yellow shock boots peeking past the tire

hey man, thats how i roll :cool: lol

brett-no, still outta wack. ima see what fort collins 4x4 says, having them do a safety inspection tomorrow, just to make sure nothing was overlooked. and they lost the damn shock part, so i have to fight more with them. ridiculous.

thanks jt!!
and speaking of jt, he got everything but the leafs. theyre still there and still free for the taking.

Looks very clean. I've always loved those tires.

wow, that turned out great. I hope to do this next year to my gen 1. Good job.

do you think you could run 35's with this setup? if not what else would be needed?

yeah, 3" bl

Back