• Yes, Manual

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • No, Manual

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Namitey
but is it a 5spd? and of course boggers are easy to break loose you practically have no tread touching the road. :)

automatic, but your right about the contact:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't spin 'em unless its wet out or I'm turning.

i can churp them in the dry when accelerating striaght.
a can get the back end wheel spinning nice on turns in the dry.
I can spin them to like 30 in the wet straight pavement till control track kicks in.
and on turns i can have it nicely sideways in truns in the wett.

oh yeh i'm driving a 98 sport 4.10 open diff.
with just a k&n air filter. and 4.0 sohc
so most of the time only one tire goes

I cant "roast em", but i can definately get em loose.(or at least the right one)

One of my friends says i should put oil on my tires for a good burnout for his video. Just wondering what effect it would have afterward on my tires with the oil?

lets see, they will be smooth (from burning the rubber) and slick (from the oil). will peobably take 50 miles or so to get most of your traction back.

i would not in a million years do this.lets just say i once was doing doughnuts in a car (similar concept to spinning the wheels). well, one wheel dried up caught pavement and i snapped the drive axle in half.

In my '93 5-speed I could lay nice tread and chirp 1st into 2nd and so on.
My friend in his '94 auotmatic can do a quick spin but nothing big at all.
In my f-150 I can drop tread like no other. The 302 helps, along with the superchip and exhaust.

Nope... well, I never tried... I baby my X. :)

Me and my bro both have '91 explorers with warn hubs, and 33x12.5's.With the hubs not locked in and the transfer case in low we can both do MASSIVE smokey burnouts.(This is probably why I just had to spend $3000 on a new tranny!)If anyone wants to see the pictures, and they are awesome, E-mail me at
cmacfarlane@shaw.ca and I will send them to you.I would post them here, but I do not know how.

I can spin them on dry pavement from a standstill, but only if I'm real mean to my clutch.

yes.

4.88 gearing and 35s with big lugs, doesn't take much to spin them bad boys

to burn or not to burn

1993 XLT stock stock stock, rips them just fine. not too impresive for a manual though.

1992 automatic = no way from standing stop
around corners I can get something out of it.
Agreed that the wet pavement issue is annoying.

Ok this is prolly gonna be a long post to warn you guys...

My old 92 Explorer-5spd, homeade intake, exhaust, thats it, open diff. could spin one in dry whenever i wanted to. when going like 15-20 mph in 1st gear then slammed the gas would get the tire to spin again...this is on 31x10.5 Goodyear something or others cant remember what the were:rolleyes: then chirped 2nd easily every time i tried. wet pavement was very easy, alot of the time i could get both tires to spin when it was wet, Im sure that made some people look:D

My new 99 Ranger-5spd, stock, 3.0v6, open diff. not sure of the gears, tires-245/75/16s goodyear wranglers or some ****ty tire like that. on dry pavement i can get both tires to spin pretty good for some reason... i slide sideways if i powerbrake:eek: Thats interesting when you are sitting beside a stopsign. in the wet both tires spin easily, i can even shift to second and get a good bit of spin from it sliding sideways alot of the time, this is scary at like 35mph. thats about it i think... ive only had this truck for a month now so i shouldnt be really beating it like i do but oh well.:D its all in fun!

Why yes....yes I can (93 LTD auto). I have found quite an improvement with the mods that I've done.

Recently acquired a 1997 XLT V8, I don't know yet, haven't tried, but I'm sure they'll go.

p.s. I love the V8

I forgot about this thread, gives me a chance to use my new favorite pic again:

DSC02216.jpg

Yeah, I can spin 'em.......

In 2WD Lo, 1st gear :D. Ain't no way they're spinning in auto mode. I'm on 31's with 3.55 gearing.

well the 97 v8 awd will spin threw all the gear's..on ice and snow

the 94 stock xlt 4x4 will lay about 1 foot of rubber on dry ground with same as stock tire's and watch out in the rain.

both auto's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope!

No freakin way can I spin. Maybe on ice or soft mud, thats it! I don't mind though I have a 90 4.0L ranger with all the major bolt on's and that will spin the tires until they blow if I wanted too.

Mr XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back