Car Show to support last LAUSD auto shop | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Car Show to support last LAUSD auto shop

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's the dates on this? I'm sure the craigslist ad has them, but stupid work computers won't let me view the page.

Here's the flyer from the CL ad.

streetshowflyercopy.jpg

Do they like lifted trucks at "Street" shows?

Sep 28, 2008 -- 12pm to 5pm

EDIT -- what he said.

from the horse's mouth "YES, we do" Bring it on.

I'll have to wait and see. All depends on fuel prices and money.

Are you guys gonna go? A lifted explorer section would be sweet! We could put you guys up on flex ramps like pomona!

The horse being who?

from the horse's mouth "YES, we do" Bring it on.

In Carson? Man, sound systems better be hooked up, tires black and shiny... with Reggaeton and American oldies (Snoop too) comin' out the speakers... otherwise it will be just a hot day in fire season watching everyone else do their thing... that's why that poster is all "slammed." And somebody needs to be wearing a guayavera from Miami :cool:

That would have to be almost choreographed... with slammed and lifted Exs. (Not a Ford on the poster)

Are there any "Turdles" around?

I talked in great length to the person putting on this event. The entire purpose of he event is to help provide tools for the auto shop class, the school system does not support it any longer(budget cuts). It is also to show the kids all the choices in the automotive world (not just low-riders, or rice-rockets). Not all kids will be white collar workers! Besides who's going to places like Wyotec if they don't have an idea of what they can do!

Didn't say that...

I talked in great length to the person putting on this event. The entire purpose of he event is to help provide tools for the auto shop class, the school system does not support it any longer(budget cuts). It is also to show the kids all the choices in the automotive world (not just low-riders, or rice-rockets). Not all kids will be white collar workers! Besides who's going to places like Wyotec if they don't have an idea of what they can do!

If you have lifted Exs, Mounties, anything like it... it has to be eye-catching and attractive to the viewers. If you intend on having a rock crawler there, it has to be more than able to demonstrate "flex" These vehicles need to showcase how diverse they (the vehicles) are... from all gens (4th too). Otherwise it's just lifted trucks, yawn, at a car show for students. The suggestion was for a showing, then put on a show! But "flex" alone won't cut it.

OK Donner your in charge of bringing the ROCKS!:D Party on!

LMAO

somebody needs to go to a truckhaven run. there are more diverse vehicles that show up than you can imagine,and if they are clean and attractive,I don't think they do much offroading,By the way I like wearing my guayaveras in the summer.

...I might be interested...:scratch:..But I'm not going to clean the X...:D

LMAO too!

OK Donner your in charge of bringing the ROCKS!:D Party on!

LMAO

Look at the poster, all of the vendors, sponsors and cars are street, slammed and armoralled(?) I didn't say don't bring the rock crawlers, I said they better be able to put on a show - flex is not a show for LAUSD schools, most are looking for shiny, loud vehicles with thin wheels... period.

You can talk to whomever, but the judges will be the people looking at the cars... and there will be some hella cars there, bet. Trip.

..Donner, we would be going up there to show support for the youth and car enthusiast's, not to win "Best of Show"...:D

...Btw, the second vehicle on the poster appears to be a '73 Ford Mustang Mach1..;)

Poster...

somebody needs to go to a truckhaven run. there are more diverse vehicles that show up than you can imagine,and if they are clean and attractive,I don't think they do much offroading,By the way I like wearing my guayaveras in the summer.

...I might be interested...:scratch:..But I'm not going to clean the X...:D

No, take your vehicles as they are and... and you can wear a guayavera anytime in CA, sea panabrisa o camisa de boda, this is a show not a run. The poster says dropped.

It's a show...

..Donner, we would be going up there to show support for the youth and car enthusiast's, not to win "Best of Show"...:D

...Btw, the second vehicle on the poster appears to be a '73 Ford Mustang Mach1..;)

Not to win, but to look like something that will support the cause - keeping the program alive. If there is little interest in the lifted section, that affects the event.

...There may be a whole lot of interest in lifted trucks since this is being held not far from a 4wheelparts main hub for the country...But I would hate for the youth not to be able to see Explorers be all they could be...:(

..So Donner, are you not going to go???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Donner, i go to UTI and believe me, theres alot of students in these auto schools that like lifted trucks.

I had the entire class around the 92 when i brought it in.

Back