• Register Today It's free!

Chip

raiderx72

Reaction score
City, State
RockyHill,Ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I know this has prolly been asked before, but which chip is the best one to get. i will be Getting one in a few weeks and i just dont know which i should get. Anyones opinions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

raiderx72 said:
I know this has prolly been asked before, but which chip is the best one to get. i will be Getting one in a few weeks and i just dont know which i should get. Anyones opinions?
Opinions will be posted shortly

Either of our site sponsors, Bama Chips or Hypnotic Illusions.

Worth every penny, but Tim's Cascade Dill Pickle are truly the best. :D

Cone, I listed them alphabetically, not by my preference ;) ;) ;)

Albino 94LTD said:
Either of our site sponsors, Bama Chips or Hypnotic Illusions.

Worth every penny, but Tim's Cascade Dill Pickle are truly the best. :D

Cone, I listed them alphabetically, not by my preference ;) ;) ;)

Why on earth would you feel I would have a problem with that. :D

spindlecone said:
Why on earth would you feel I would have a problem with that. :D
An easy going guy like you???No problem at all. I can't stated a prefference cause I still have an Apten Diablo :fire:

Albino
No need to be angry, your apten is a great chip, keep it

spindlecone said:
Albino
No need to be angry, your apten is a great chip, keep it
Brian pushed the timimg a little too far. :( I'm getting some pinging, even after Seafoam and I'd like to maximize the low end for towing a boat. Since he isn't there any more I can't seem to find out what he did and neither Wayne nor Doug can re-burn the Diablo. :mad:

Albino 94LTD said:
Brian pushed the timimg a little too far. :( I'm getting some pinging, even after Seafoam and I'd like to maximize the low end for towing a boat. Since he isn't there any more I can't seem to find out what he did and neither Wayne nor Doug can re-burn the Diablo. :mad:
Tis true that both cannot reburn your apten, but both will refer you to people that can, I know wayne will, would assume doug will also

So the diablo chip would be the way to go?

No.

Both Bama and Hyp Ill use SCT chips, and they can reburn them for you at any time. There aren't many that can reburn the Diablo's.

I have a universal fit Jet Chip you can have for $25 plus shipping. :cool:

raiderx72 said:
So the diablo chip would be the way to go?
Chips are old tech
But if you have one single program, that suits your needs, they work to perfection.
I:E I have maxed out my bolton perf mods, I am getting the max out of my SOHC V6 in a N/A mode.
I in no way need multiple programs.
You can get a diablo reburned for your program, in retrospect, i feel I should have kept my apten (sold on this site for 100 bux) finished my mods, than have the apten re-burned for the final tune.
What I have now is the Excalibrator, but I only use one tune, the one tune that has proven to be the best tune.that has given me the best dyno numbers.
Is alot of hype going around about tuners, devices, etc I:E, but if you get a S.C, or want NOS,you can download programs.
all true, but is the above really in your future?
The bottom line IMO, is you can get apten chips re-burned, never let any flasher dealer tell you, you cannot because you can,, they can tell you how to get it done, and who can do it.

Cone, he has a first gen with the OBD1, a lot fewer sensors and even fewer tables to mess with than you do.

He is stuck with a chip, I don't think a flasher will work for us. :(

Back