Christmas in February!!! Supercharged 4.0 ohv | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Christmas in February!!! Supercharged 4.0 ohv

Supercharged 4.0 ohv Explorer

Got some goodies today thanks to USPS and UPS.

S1920001.jpg

S1920003.jpg

S1950002.jpg

S1950003.jpg

S1950004.jpg

S1950010.jpg

S1950011.jpg

S1950016.jpg

S1950017.jpg

S1950019.jpg

Can Anyone guess what's in the next pic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might get yelled at for this cause the truck still isn't wot tuned but... went to the track last night and ran some 60foot times and then lifted to 1/2 throttle the rest of the way down the track.

Clicky

Best 60 foot was .74 and best 1/8 mile at 1/2 throttle was 9.94 at like 67mph

the first race was my buddys 03 GT with full exhaust intake and a 70mm throttle body, and a pair of 255/45/17 Nitto NT555's out back, and I won lol.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You try telling me you ran less than a 1.9 second 60 foot time and I say BS

thats what the time board said, although you can barely see it in the vid. Why do you say bs?

because a .74 60 ft translates into less than 7 second 1/4 mile. No friggin way

Ricks 10 second 512, race prepped Dart runs 1.5 sec 60 ft, and the fastest, truly built explorer on the board is still over 2 second 60 ft.

your 4.0 did not run a .74 second 60 ft time--no way, not ever.

I'm out. Have fun guys.

because a .74 60 ft translates into less than 7 second 1/4 mile. No friggin way

Ricks 10 second 512, race prepped Dart runs 1.5 sec 60 ft, and the fastest, truly built explorer on the board is still over 2 second 60 ft.

your 4.0 did not run a .74 second 60 ft time--no way, not ever.

I'm out. Have fun guys.

I feel like a ****** the time on the board must have been the reaction time. Lol
they were not giving out time slips at the track so I have no idea what it was.

your truck is awesome man no matter what the times are you still have a sweet truck thats going to be a blast to drive

your truck is awesome man no matter what the times are you still have a sweet truck thats going to be a blast to drive

Thank you and everyone for your support, I'm tired of hearing people say " why did you
supercharge an exploder? "

why not supercharge and explorer its just unusual and different which makes it just really cool. when i got my 98 sport my friends were like if you wanted a off roader just buy a jeep. everyone has a jeep and i like the looks of the explorer better. again you have a sweet truck man most jealous

Yea bs on the 60ft and 10 sec 1/8 is pretty slow. With 4.88s and 33s i ran mid 2secs in 60ft and low 10s in the 1/8 miles but i was NA.you should run LOW 9s in the 1/8 after tune

Yea bs on the 60ft and 10 sec 1/8 is pretty slow. With 4.88s and 33s i ran mid 2secs in 60ft and low 10s in the 1/8 miles but i was NA.you should run LOW 9s in the 1/8 after tune

I already know about the 60ft time I was misinformed about the times on the scoreboard. Those runs were only at 1/2 throttle down the track. If you watch the video you can see me pull a couple cars on the stang then I went to half throttle and he caught me by the end of the run. It will be a lot faster when I can do a full throttle pass. High 9's at 1/2 throttle...I think I'll be running mid 8's when I can do a full pass.

I already know about the 60ft time I was misinformed about the times on the scoreboard. Those runs were only at 1/2 throttle down the track. If you watch the video you can see me pull a couple cars on the stang then I went to half throttle and he caught me by the end of the run. It will be a lot faster when I can do a full throttle pass. High 9's at 1/2 throttle...I think I'll be running mid 8's when I can do a full pass.

maybe high high 8!for you to drop sec or more just in the 1/8 would mean a hell of improvement.you should be faster in the last 1/8 mile of a 1/4 mile run and i dont see you running under 15 without motor work.stock ex runs a 18 in the 1/4 so you dropping 3sec would be a good gain with a stock motor.ps i find it very hard to believe you was running a race at only half throttle.are you 2wheel or 4 and what gears do you have?

So is there a sale price on this thing? keep seeing its for sale and then not.

So is there a sale price on this thing? keep seeing its for sale and then not.

Due to financial issues with my new home I am being forced to sell it after the WOT tuning is complete. I have a someone local that will be purchasing it by the end of this month, or as soon as its WOT tuned. I have it posted on craigslist and have had quite a few good offers but I found someone who is going to pay my asking price so she will be gone within the next couple weeks :( but of course not before I get a couple of full throttle passes at the track ;)

It really sucks to hear that you have to sell your truck after all the hard work and long hours you put into it. I wish you the best of luck with your current situation again it sucks to hear you have to sell it

Truck looks hot man, too bad you are selling :-/

I see you are also in TN... I am near Memphis myself and in process of working on my turbo 5.0 :D

maybe high high 8!for you to drop sec or more just in the 1/8 would mean a hell of improvement.you should be faster in the last 1/8 mile of a 1/4 mile run and i dont see you running under 15 without motor work.stock ex runs a 18 in the 1/4 so you dropping 3sec would be a good gain with a stock motor.ps i find it very hard to believe you was running a race at only half throttle.are you 2wheel or 4 and what gears do you have?

Sorry I never saw the second part of your post. Its 4wd stock gear "not sure what they are" and I had to run only 1/2 throttle cause full throttle under load I was getting detonation "still not fully tuned"...... It does chirp all four tires off the line:D

Well guys havent updated this thread in a while so here it goes. I recently had to move my family down to Florida which was almost a 900 mile trip each way. The Ex did great pulling a 6x14ft trailer loaded to just under 5900lbs, alough it went through a LOT of gas roughly 10.8 mpg and with 93 octane that sucked.

Today I uninstalled the s/c and completely put the truck back to stock...except for the airbox mod slightly larger maf and the exhaust(and a little tweaking with the tuner). The kit is already sold and I will be trading the truck in a couple weeks.

But before I took off the kit I made a short burnout video. Not much smoke from the A/T's and I also let it shift into second. I couldn't kill the tires too bad cause the guy thats getting the truck was the one filming lol!!

http://youtu.be/0m9asEm3okE?hd=1

__

what were the hp numbers?

Hi sir do you still have the supercharge for sale? thanks

Back