Codes B1082:07-08 on HVAC and U0100:00-0E on TCU 2019 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Codes B1082:07-08 on HVAC and U0100:00-0E on TCU 2019 Explorer Sport

fonty

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
New to the forum and looking for some insight. Just bought a 2019 Ford Explorer Sport that looks to be in great shape. I have only a week left before my transferred bumper-to-bumper warranty expires by 36 months from original in service date. When I got it home I hooked it up to Forscan and found Codes B1082:07-08 on HVAC and U0100:00-0E on TCU. The HVAC code indicates an issue with the right side temperature damper circuit or motor. I've run the HVAC on full hot to cold and in-between and the temperatures of air from the vents on right and left side appear correct by feel. The TCU (Telemetrics Control Unit) code is a lost communication with PCM error. I think the TCU is working because I am able to use FordPass app on my mobile phone to lock/unlock doors and do a remote start. Those features go through the TCU I believe. My questions are:
1) for the HVAC, since temperature control is working, does that mean my right damper actuator is now just starting to go bad but not completely failed?
2) for the TCU, are occasional lost communication errors common or OK to ignore?
3) do these codes get cleared after so many ignition starts without the fault present or do I need to manually clear them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Reset the codes and then cycle the ignition. A weak battery can throw tons of codes. Just start fresh and see if any come back.

New to the forum and looking for some insight. Just bought a 2019 Ford Explorer Sport that looks to be in great shape. I have only a week left before my transferred bumper-to-bumper warranty expires by 36 months from original in service date. When I got it home I hooked it up to Forscan and found Codes B1082:07-08 on HVAC and U0100:00-0E on TCU. The HVAC code indicates an issue with the right side temperature damper circuit or motor. I've run the HVAC on full hot to cold and in-between and the temperatures of air from the vents on right and left side appear correct by feel. The TCU (Telemetrics Control Unit) code is a lost communication with PCM error. I think the TCU is working because I am able to use FordPass app on my mobile phone to lock/unlock doors and do a remote start. Those features go through the TCU I believe. My questions are:
1) for the HVAC, since temperature control is working, does that mean my right damper actuator is now just starting to go bad but not completely failed?
2) for the TCU, are occasional lost communication errors common or OK to ignore?
3) do these codes get cleared after so many ignition starts without the fault present or do I need to manually clear them?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If you still have warranty, why not have the dealer check it out? Also, I would recommend getting a Ford ESP before the factory warranty runs out.

Peter

Reset the codes and then cycle the ignition. A weak battery can throw tons of codes. Just start fresh and see if any come back.
That was my first thought but then I thought I still had a little over a week of my transferred 36 month bumper to bumper warranty left to take it in to the dealer ... turns out warranty has expired. So I reset the codes and am giving it some time to see if they come back.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If you still have warranty, why not have the dealer check it out? Also, I would recommend getting a Ford ESP before the factory warranty runs out.

Peter
I thought I still had a little over a week of my transferred 36 month bumper to bumper warranty left to take it in to the dealer as I thought when I added the car to my Ford.com account it showed a start of warranty date of 7/31/2019 at first. Now Ford.com is showing a warranty END date of 7/20/2022 with the warranty being expired. The Carfax shows the new vehicle was serviced at the dealer on 7/20/2019 but registration and title of first owner didn't occur until 7/31/2019. So I guess the official "in service" date for warranty isn't necessarily the registration date of the owner. That is disappointing.

I was going to take it in with codes present so that the dealer would at least have a record of those codes before warranty expiration even if the service tech couldn't reproduce the errors. So I reset the codes and am giving it a couple days to see if they come back.

I wonder if it was originally put into service as a demonstrator. According to your post, the owner didbn't take delivery until 7/31/2019. The folloing is from the Warranty Guide. Did you buy it from the same dealer as the original owner? If so, you could a;ways check with them.

1658682541975.png

Peter

I wonder if it was originally put into service as a demonstrator. According to your post, the owner didbn't take delivery until 7/31/2019. The folloing is from the Warranty Guide. Did you buy it from the same dealer as the original owner? If so, you could a;ways check with them.

View attachment 431978

Peter
Good catch! Didn't think of the dealer demonstrator aspect. I did buy it from that same dealer so I can check on that ... if their records go back to that point. But a day after clearing, codes are still cleared so now I have no need to go back to the dealer. Will check codes every day this upcoming week just in case they show.

Back