Colorado Run 2005 sign-up thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Run 2005 sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in... we're at the Royal Gorge KOA until Monday morning. Then we're off to the Buena Vista KOA so we can check out St. Elmo and some of the easier trails in that area.

Cya soon!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

change of plans for myself and sharpshooter (my brother). We will be staying at the trailhead thurday night at Montgomery Res. then Fri night, I believe we will be staying in Leadville, but not at the Sugar Loafin campground. no extra funds available right now. Sat night is probably going to be the same as Friday night, just in a parking lot somewhere.

Front end was finally put back together completely, last body bolt installed from body lift (after breaking one), and the flywheel, t.c, and bellhousing of the C4 are now on. More progress to come.

My neighbor in his Rubicon will be coming along on this trip as well, but logding is unknown for him.

I might be a maybe now. If I'm there, I'm there, if not, then I'm not. No one wait for me. I don't know how this new school schedule is going to be for me, but I'll be finding out monday whether I'll be able to make it, but I won't have intrnet access then either to tell anyone.

Meeting Place

Did we decide on a meeting place for Friday morning?

I will be leaving Dallas around 10 pm wednesday, should get to Leadville mid afternoon thursday and will swing by and check in with Rick and Char.

Ok I have a ride for Saturday, who has a spare seat for Friday or Sunday :D ? Man I wish I didnt have 3.27 gears, those trannies are expensive. :mad: Just put a new one in the old rig 6 months before it burnt up, $2200 down the drain.

Later David Jarrett

A week and a half in the mountains :cool: :cool: :D :D :cool: :D :D

rino351 said:
Wheeler typically isn't as busy a trail. I've run it a few times, and there were never more than about 7 trucks total on the trail.
Let's meet at the Magnolia Mine at around 7:30 or 8 for Friday, then Saturday about 7-7:15 at the Holy Cross trailhead. then for Sunday, we can probably get started around 8 b/c I don't think there's going to be many other groups or anything on that trail.
I'm thinking closer to 8 on Friday at Magnolia Mine

Well there is a "SMALL" chance we might be able to make it on Saturday but I will just meet everyone at Holy Cross trail head so decide what time you are going to be there.
My boss wants to go and he said he would help with the gas.
So what time will you be at the trail head?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

'bout 7

What does everyone think of a burger and brat group dinner? It's cheap, easy, and good!
My brother and I are probably bring the grill, and we can meet somewhere (Rick's campsite? :p) and grill up some meats!?!?!
Whatchya think?

Grilling burgers sounds fine to me. I can bring whatever as long as someone else has a grill. What night are you thinking about doing that?

Stockers, where do you want to meet Sat morning and when? Im thinking the Safeway parking lot around 8:30 AM in Leadville. Let me know how that sounds.

Well I started my rear bumper tonight, hope I finish before I have to leave.

Saturday night is the plan. That way, we have everyone there.

I may have bad news:( Char isn't feeling well and there's a chance we'll have to head back to Phoenix so she can see her doctor.

I'll post any news as soon as I know what we're doing.

Get well Char!!!
I hope you get feeling better Char, and yall can make it on up for the run. It wouldn't be the same without you.

;) Rick, maybe you could get OffroadKC to come get her. :D

My plans have changed a little. After reading the trail directions I decided to stay in Breckenridge instead. I will be at the Wildwood Suites Condos from Thursday till Monday. See ya at Montgomery Reservoir or the mine if I can get that far friday morning about 8. If nobody has an empty seat I can have then I'll just go bike riding. :p

David

Is it wrong to have a bike thats worth more than your truck. :D

We're in Buena Vista and we're heading to Leadville tomorrow :thumbsup:

Where are we meeting on Friday morning? Is anyone going to be starting from Leadville besides us?

Rick said:
Where are we meeting on Friday morning?
At Magnolia Mine, which is at the trailhead.

Brian1, The Safeway parking lot sounds fine...as long as I can find it. I will be by myself which sucks I enjoy having spotter help for free and a pax to get swiped with branches on that side :D As long as I can get up I will be there at 8:30... I will be getting into Leadville area late (10 pm or so) Fri night from Denver.

Are we the only 'stockers' on this still ??!!??!!??!! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear Char is feeling better!! I hadn't been on the site in a few days... Blasted Homework!!! :(

rino351 said:
At Magnolia Mine, which is at the trailhead.

And what time?? I know you said 7am for Holy Cross, but we don't need to be there that early for Wheeler do we??

Char just told me that she saw a post about having dinner at our campsite. We better check on that before it's written in stone. I know other RV parks haven't been very good about having parties with unregistered guests on their grounds .

We're heading to the park today so we'll see what we can do. If you don't hear back from me well, that means there's no Internet access.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick said:
And what time?? I know you said 7am for Holy Cross, but we don't need to be there that early for Wheeler do we??
no, I'm thinking like 8-8:30 for Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back