Colorado Run 2005 sign-up thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Run 2005 sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I just made reservations for the Sugarloafin' RV Park 3 miles outside of Leadville! We're booked from Wednesday the 20th - Monday the 25th.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rino351 said:
That sucks Joey.
Well, I suppose if there is a Safeway, we can meet there.
Rick- when I was looking around for that type of stuff, I had found one, but now the name escapes me, I'll try to find it again.
jaws- I don't know, I've never run HC before, Larry might chime in about that.

The Safeway is on the left side as you're heading out of town on the north side of town on the way to Holy Cross.

Ahhjaws, a locker is extremely helpful. Do you have one in the front at least? Or, a limited slip in the rear? If not, I have a limited slip 31 spline 8.8 carrier sitting in my garage you can use. I also have D35 Detroit Locker there too but that would require some cash unlike the 8.8 l/s.

I don't have a winch either so we'll just have to deal with that. I've used my HiLift as a winch before though.

Okee Dokee..............What time would everyone agree on to meet at the Holy Cross trailhead? :cool:

I do have a front locker, my rear one is just leaking, but I might be able to get it working before then. Thanks for your offer though, but I have a 9" rear.

I did find a NF campground really close to the trailhead. It's called Gold Park and its about 1 mile or so west on Homestake road. That's probably where I'll stay the night, so I'll meet you guys at the trailhead. What time do you think everyone will be there?

I'm good with whatever, I'm not a morning person either, but there's nothing fourwheeling can't help. ;)

Any plans for meeting on Friday morning for Wheeler?

Wheeler typically isn't as busy a trail. I've run it a few times, and there were never more than about 7 trucks total on the trail.
Let's meet at the Magnolia Mine at around 7:30 or 8 for Friday, then Saturday about 7-7:15 at the Holy Cross trailhead. then for Sunday, we can probably get started around 8 b/c I don't think there's going to be many other groups or anything on that trail.

Rick- have you done Holy Cross before? If so, I think I'll just follow you out to the TH cause I've never done that one. I think I'm gonna make a reservation for a Sugar Loafin tent site.
Here's a recent pic of Holy Cross at French Creek:
379737033dKzGdV_ph.jpg

A group from Colorado4x4 went up wheeler and a couple of buggies tore down the last snowdrift, so it's doable all the way up to the lake now. I have no idea what Lincoln is like or Mosquito pass.
Oh, and all of Holy Cross is now open as well after some buggies took out the remaining snow drifts.

Can somebody get all the info together on one page (like Gerald does for Moab)? Like who, when arrive and depart, how many people, where they are staying and what trails the can or would like to do? Kinda confusing trying to remember where everyone is staying. I would like to hang with a group if I'm gonna drive all that way.

Rino what do you say????

well, I had intended to do that with this thread, but it kinda just turned into another discussion thread.
I guess if you want, I can make another.

You don't need to make another thread. Just put all the info in the first post.

alrighty, I've started to put more info down, but I'll be out of town for a while again, so I'll get it all done when I get back.
I really hope that my Explorer is running again for this trip, the tranny swap is taking longer than expected.

:thumbsup: Vacation approved I'm in. :D

I am stoked... Sliders and Exhaust finally on... :) And I am definately in the 'FOREST' class which I assume is camping somewhere to be determined oh and as mentioned earlier I am a Stocker or Modified runner with I believe Brian leading. Thanks for all the organization with threads Ryan.
:thumbsup: ;)

I'm gonna be there Thursday sometime, and find a room in Leadville. My rig a 96 sport is currently less than stocker level with p235 street tires :( , surely with this many trucks there will be an empty seat somewhere. If not I can take some tie downs and strap a lawn chair to somebodys roof :p . I would slap on some 31's and twist my T bars a little but my tranny already doesnt like these 3.27 gears. I have a 4.10 R & P and powertrax for the rear and complete pig for the front I could bring if anybody wants to earn some $ that weekend :D . Anyone comeing alone wants to split a room let me know. I sure miss the mountains. :thumbsup: Holy Cross 3 weeks from today, Lets Do It.

me and my bro are in but he don't have an explorer he has a toyota tacoma with 31 mudders

im in and if i can get my dad intrested we might bring up our montaro and my 96 X. pending time off. we dont knw till about the wed. before

We've started to plan our 2 week vacation. Chicago is out of the plans now so we intend to spend the whole time in CO. Our first couple days will be at the Cortez KOA. We want to check out Mesa Verde while we're there. The next couple days we have scheduled for Alamosa and the Sand Dunes. After that we're heading up to Canon City.

Any warning as to what roads to avoid in CO due to construction???

Allright fellas heres an update.
My trip to Dubai for business has been pushed back, because I bought a house. I close on the 27th.
I REALLY want to go on this trip, BUT I do not think I can make it.
Tell me how to make it work

there is just so much to do and no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I am living on the cheap because of all the $$$ this requires

hahaha

410Fortune said:
Allright fellas heres an update.
My trip to Dubai for business has been pushed back, because I bought a house. I close on the 27th.
I REALLY want to go on this trip, BUT I do not think I can make it.
Tell me how to make it work

there is just so much to do and no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I am living on the cheap because of all the $$$ this requires

hahaha

I'll pay for your beer! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well change of plans for me and my bro we can't go were going back to wisconsin the day you guys start wheeling,so cancel me off the lifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back