Colorado Run 2005 sign-up thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Run 2005 sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too may not make it. I will have to see how this run goes this weekend and the Rubicon next weekend. Its goind to be around 2,000 miles total.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alrighty, I got a little more info put down in the first post about who's coming and where they're staying, but most of you who have signed up have not said your lodging plans.
I don't know if we will be able to do a group dinner. There doesn't seem to be a place in Leadville that will accomodate all of us. We could go to Breckenridge but I don't know how many would be up for that drive just for dinner, and it's bound to be quite pricey there.

Possibly a campground dinner? Everyone bring something? I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I really need to hurry up and get my ex put back together. I don't think I'll have a rear bumper for this run either. Our company's maintenance trailer was stolen over the weekend and all the equipment I need is now gone.

410Fortune said:
Allright fellas heres an update.
My trip to Dubai for business has been pushed back, because I bought a house. I close on the 27th.
I REALLY want to go on this trip, BUT I do not think I can make it.
Tell me how to make it work

there is just so much to do and no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I am living on the cheap because of all the $$$ this requires

hahaha

Want to save $$? You shoulda had my company do the closing...
Heck, *I* will probably be in Leadville that weekend, me and 2 crusty's are planning on being up there.

Hey Rhett, I used a family friend and bought the hosue from my best friend, no listing costs, buyer search, etc etc. One lady is the mortgage broker and realtor for both of us....I had been telling my best friend to sell me his house for 3 years, he finally listened and I couldnt be happier. I am 32 and got a 5.375 fixed rate with no arm 30 year mortgage, on my own, house was $215, put 25K down.

Dam good interest rate! Yeah, you are the same age as me, but I bought my house 2 years ago; got 5.75% fixed 30 year. I also put down a lot of jack, and it hurt me, I felt like I was getting stabbed. But it's an investment. I put down 20% so that I could avoid PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance) costs. And of course being in my line of work (title insurance/closing) kept the costs down.

Ok enough threadjacking!! I'm lookin forward to Leadville, I need a freakin vacation.
I'm a little familiar with Leadville, but I'd be a lot more familiar if I hadn't started drinking at 1 pm that day...

rino351 said:
alrighty, I got a little more info put down in the first post about who's coming and where they're staying, but most of you who have signed up have not said your lodging plans.

I think the place I stayed in last time was the Timberline Motel. It's on the main street (Harrison St?) in Leadville. It's right in the historic district.

rino351 said:
I don't know if we will be able to do a group dinner. There doesn't seem to be a place in Leadville that will accomodate all of us. We could go to Breckenridge but I don't know how many would be up for that drive just for dinner, and it's bound to be quite pricey there.

There are some places that can accommodate a fair sized group.

Across the street from the Timberline is an old saloon from 1876, and it can handle a big crowd. I don't think it has a kitchen though.

Down the street about a block is a med. sized diner that serves breakfast, lunch, but I'm not sure about dinner.

The Delaware Hotel has a restaurant, but I don't know if it's a reservation-place or not (I have never eaten there). Prob. too many people for that.

Breckenridge IS expensive (read: tourist-oriented), and across the pass from Leadville. I could go into it about Breckenridge dining establishments but I won't here. If you're considering going as far as Breck, you might as well consider Dillon/Silverthorne, right up the road. I know of some good eats there...

Ryan, I won't be lodging anywhere. It's kind of a long drive but I'll be leaving very early that morning (around 2:30 am). Gonna stop for breakfast in Leadville. I'll be there by the 7:00-7:15 timeframe at the (Holy Cross) trailhead. Too many things happening on the 22nd & 24th, but at least I get the 23rd to wheel :D

Where are you gonna be camping at? Anywhere near the trailhead? I'm just curious so I can leave the Cummins & Trailer somewhere.

We're heading out tomorrow to start our trip :D First stop, Cortez to visit the Mesa Verde National Monument. :thumbsup:

How far is it from Leadville to the trail heads of Wheeler and Holy Cross?

Don't know about Wheeler but it's about a half hour to Holy Cross from Leadville.

Who else is going to get a hotel room in Leadville besides me?

Brian1 is staying at the Super8

Wheeler Lake is pretty far, 52 miles according to mapquest from Leadville to Alma. I think I will be staying at Montgomery Resovoir thursday night, then go to Leadville after that run. The only shortcut is Mosquito pass to get into alma directly from Leadville.

Is the Holy Cross trailhead south of Leadville?

Is anybody thats doin Holy Cross going to have an empty seat. Please , I really want to see and ride along on that trail. I'm not very big, and dont take up much room. ;)

AspenX said:
Is anybody thats doin Holy Cross going to have an empty seat. Please , I really want to see and ride along on that trail. I'm not very big, and dont take up much room. ;)

Sorry Dave, I never responded, I wasn't sure if I was going or not and at this point I'm going to back down. Sorry bro.

AspenX said:

I'm pretty sure my buddy Jason will in his X. Give me till tomorrow night & I'll find out for ya ;)

Warrlord said:
I'm pretty sure my buddy Jason will in his X. Give me till tomorrow night & I'll find out for ya ;)

Ya sure he'd want to ride with Jason....?? That guy is like you; not scared of anything!! :D

I'm used to riding with :eek: Gerald, I aint scared of nuthin. :p

I'm beginning to get worried about this trip. My explorer is still completley torn apart from the engine back with the tranny swap going on.
I'm not backing down though!! I'm trying to keep it positive, but crap, it's nervracking!

AspenX said:

Jason said, "Sure", you're welcome to ride along.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Warrlord said:
Jason said, "Sure", you're welcome to ride along.
Cool thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back