Concerned: All powered with keyless entry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Concerned: All powered with keyless entry

Dunopsum

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport and all entry points are electrically powered. With keyless entry, front doors don't even have a manual keyhole.

My concern is that my family might be on a trip and after parking, the battery for whatever reason is dead. Since the all the vehicle entry points are all powered, I don't have any way of getting entry into the vehicle. I won't be able to get inside to get my jumper cables or pop the hood so that someone else can jump me.

Does any one else have this concern and if so, do you have any precautions that you do to minimize this risk?

I think it would be so nice if Ford would have a sensor that would display on dash the voltage of the battery but better yet, the cranking amps amount.

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport and all entry points are electrically powered. With keyless entry, front doors don't even have a manual keyhole.

My concern is that my family might be on a trip and after parking, the battery for whatever reason is dead. Since the all the vehicle entry points are all powered, I don't have any way of getting entry into the vehicle. I won't be able to get inside to get my jumper cables or pop the hood so that someone else can jump me.

Does any one else have this concern and if so, do you have any precautions that you do to minimize this risk?

I think it would be so nice if Ford would have a sensor that would display on dash the voltage of the battery but better yet, the cranking amps amount.
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
All keyless entry vehicles should have a keyhole. That is what the key inside your fob is for.

Peter

Attachments

• P4270229_001_001.JPG
    P4270229_001_001.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 243

Peterk9 - you are absolutely correct and I don't know how I missed that... thank you much.

Yes, that key hole is present on the driver's side door.

Being a family vehicle, it would still be nice as a safety feature if Ford added some kind of battery status on the inside display console.

Back