Continued Performance Developments from Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Continued Performance Developments from Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer Sport

We are also working on our methanol system for this as well. As for the tune, did you email in to info@livernoismotorsports.com ? the update software has to be manually queued for an update to be sent to the programmer. Send an email with your serial number, name, mods list, fuel grade, and strategy code to see if we have an update for you that we can push to the device.

Done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Andy, I am also interested to see if you will have a 89 tune.

Red,

I was emailing with Ken at Livernois and he was really helpful and agreed they could set a tune for 89! Awesome to see it mentioned here too!

T-

I am still waiting for my vehicle to come in (another 1-2 weeks), so please let me know what you think about the Livernois 89 tune if you get it. Thanks.

T-

I am still waiting for my vehicle to come in (another 1-2 weeks), so please let me know what you think about the Livernois 89 tune if you get it. Thanks.

Back at you since I'm waiting on mine too... and it probably won't be here in 2 weeks!

Anything on the horizon for the 2.0L EcoBoost ? That's all I got, but it could sure use some help, and I think a tune and or CAI would help a lot......thanks Plum

All you guys waiting....DON'T!!! Just so you know, once you buy the tune from Livernois (and mostly every other tuner using the same module), they ship you a blank module. You need to download your vehicle strategy from the PCM and send it to Livernois. They in turn will direct you to a place on the web to download your vehicle tune. So you may as well order the tune now so you atleast have it on hand when your vehicle gets in your hands!! Trust me, every day counts when you are performance hungry!!!

As many of you following our build have seen, we were the first in the 12's with the Explorer Sport last night.

Video of the pass is below:

And images of the time slip, and results from the timing tower are located within this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3183942&posted=1#post3183942

For those of you that have sent messages inquiring about, and are curious about the cat back exhaust and downpipes, below are some pictures on how the setup currently looks. The catback exhaust will be a Livernois Motorsports exclusive made by Corsa and will be available for purchase soon, our target timeline is 4-6 weeks. We are still working out the final details as we speak. The downpipes were fabricated in house and will also be a Livernois Motorsports exclusive product. As far as a timeline goes we are looking at a minimum of 8 weeks until they are available for purchase, but both products are available on our website for a pre-order now though.

Stay tuned for more updates regarding modifications to our 2013 Explorer Sport!

If you folks have any questions please feel free to PM or call us at anytime and we will be more than happy to help you in any way possible. Thank you. -Andy

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

T-

Red and T;
May I ask why you'd rather have an 89 octane tune than 91 or 93? Is it just the cost of the fuel; you can't get 93 where you live, or what? I'm just curious. I know you won't get "as much" out of the tune with only 89, but how much loss is the question. Thanks for entertaining my curiosity.

Red and T;
May I ask why you'd rather have an 89 octane tune than 91 or 93? Is it just the cost of the fuel; you can't get 93 where you live, or what? I'm just curious. I know you won't get "as much" out of the tune with only 89, but how much loss is the question. Thanks for entertaining my curiosity.

Cost savings is an issue but not pennies per gallon :) my employer provides my fuel (all of it) but its 89. If I was buying I'd buy 93 but free gas is more than I can pass up! My 300 (hemi) runs on a tune set for 89 and it made a very noticeable difference vs stock so I'm hoping for something similar with the Sport.

Cost savings is an issue but not pennies per gallon :) my employer provides my fuel (all of it) but its 89. If I was buying I'd buy 93 but free gas is more than I can pass up! My 300 (hemi) runs on a tune set for 89 and it made a very noticeable difference vs stock so I'm hoping for something similar with the Sport.

Nice! Have you seen any dyno/results numbers for the 89 tune?

Nice! Have you seen any dyno/results numbers for the 89 tune?

The Livernois crew said they could do an 89 but I don't think anyone has tried it yet and I don't even have my Sport yet so I couldn't tell you! Red gets his before me (his Sport) so I'd love it if he tried it first and reported back! haha. If not I know me and I'll end up wanting this so we'll see a little later I guess...

Cost for the cat back kit...?

We are still waiting to get the price set for the Corsa exhaust system once we receive the finalized information from them on cost.

Can't wait to see the numbers for a 93 tune....

Anyone else having serious power reduction issues now that it is cold? Mine cuts torque right substantially after each shift now. Much slower....

Same here.

It feels like boost is oscillating after it overshoots boost target.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have the plugs gapped down? Perhaps blowing out the spark plugs in the higher RPM range.

Back