Coolant LEAKING HELPPPP!!!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coolant LEAKING HELPPPP!!!!!!!

2K2DRSPRT

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 2dr sport
Hello all fairly new to the forum but very glad to be apart , been reading around for a bunch of things and wow all the info .. SO NOW MY PROBLEM
i have a 2000 2Door sport X ..
its leaking coolant from under the rear of engine on passenger side .. i've seen posts and tons of replys .
I dont have the funds for a head gasket job .. I had a mechanic look at it .. he checked the freeze plug said its ok got deeper into the wheel well and said its the head gasket .. now i went to autozone and they had this stuff called BLU DEVIL ,.. has anyone tried this and have you had any success as far as it sealing up your leak .. I decided not to buy it while i was there because it cost 60 bucks so i thought it was too much .. Next i went to Murrays another autoparts store right next door .. they had the same formula on sale for 40 bucks so i said wth .. Please if anyone has any prior experience or any advice to using this i would realllllllly apppreciate it .. thanks ..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well all things aside from what you were told i would suggest the following.
Spray the area clean with either a pressure sprayer, then watch for coolant leaking. Just because it's on the head doesn't mean bad head gasket. The heater core is on the other side of the firewall and there are 2 hoses that go to the heater core. To locate these on the passenger side look for 2 hoses (about 1 inch in diameter) and make sure the leak isn't coming from there. The thing is that if there is a pin size hole it can spray in any direction. Just ensure that you check before you use the stuff.

Talked with a friend he says it will work for a short while provided the area is very clean. It's not a perm fix so make plans to get new gasket and if you don't know how to do it yourself check with friends or parent's friends. It never hurts to ask.

I would second what he said.... Verify the leak first. There's a lot of coolant running around that side of the motor... My money would be on the heater control valve leaking (common issue), but before I pull a head, I'd want to see the leak with my own four eyes for sure!!

Well the good thing about blue-devil is it has a money back guarantee. But if your leak is in a hose it won't fix that. You can do the tool loan at Autozone for a coolant pressure tool, use this to keep the fan from blowing on the engine block causing a leak to appear elsewhere than it's origin. FYI: I use carb cleaner to clean up the areas I suspect a leak, just use caution around gaskets.

Back