• Register Today It's free!

cruise control buttons

stoneyj69

Reaction score
City, State
palmer, ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xl
i was wondering are those cruise control buttons suppose to be illuminated when you have the dash lights on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Gen II buttons are, but most have long since blown out. I'm not sure on the Gen I...

It doesn't seem like they would light up on 1st. gen. At least mine don't.

1st Gen x's do NOT have illuminated cruise buttons..

~Mark

My 'ON' button has been missing since I bought my 'X'.. no lights under there.

anyone have a 'ON' Button?

1st Gen x's do NOT have illuminated cruise buttons..

~Mark

Mark, as always, is correct.....

/rant on

1st gens also did not get lighted window buttons nor lighted power lock buttons. We also didn't get 6 digits on our OD's..... Thanks FORD for saving that 20 cents per Truck that a couple led's and a plastic round county thing would have cost, because I would have NOT paid the extra 20 cents to have those features on MY truck.....geesh... and the research to save that 2 million dollars on the first gen run.....10 million I bet! Who needs to see the cruise control buttons at night??? Who needs to roll a window up at night, or unlock doors in the dark? Not explorer owners!! And who needs to know if the truck they bought has 60k miles, 160k miles, or 260k miles...not us!

/off rant
:p:

ARG..... Now I feel even more cheated!!! But now that I think of it, I remember it was just the 91-93's that didn't!!!
Sorry man, but my '93 has the extra digit on the odometer...

Image000.jpg

ARG..... Now I feel even more cheated!!! But now that I think of it, I remember it was just the 91-93's that didn't!!!

You can cheat like we did.. :) good 'ol label maker 6th digit
attachment.php

and

attachment.php

~Mark

WTH?? Mine is a 93, no 6th digit, yet SOME came with a 6th digit??....think mine was a May truck...... Do you think it could be one of those "CA trucks had different stuff then the rest of the trucks" things? Weird though, I've heard of 94's having the 6th digit, but never a 93 till now! LOL

Recently sold our '93 XLT and still have our '94 EB. The '93 had 5 digit, the '94 has 6. The '93 had an R12 AC system, the '94 came with R134. The serpentine belt tensioner is different (arm pivots the opposite direction) on otherwise identical motors.

Was also a slight difference in the interior panels in the cargo area, where the cargo cover attached. The EB has slots molded in the panels to hold the roller, but the XLT used an additional bracket screwed into the panel. Might have been a difference of cover was stock on EB and optional on XLT, but seems like a lot of hassle to make two different panel versions...

Back