• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control Help

95ebex

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix az
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 explorer
I am being driven nuts, i just purchased a 92 Explorer I drive at night mostly and i use cruise control all the time, but the problem is i can never see where the buttons are and i keep hitting wrong buttons while driving... and i wanted to know are they supposed to light up or no? I have had 3 second gen explorers and 2 06 rangers and they all lit up. Please someone let me know i was going to order new switches but i dont want to if they dont light up at all. Also do they have a light on the dash for cruise or was that done in later models. All help is greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No they do not.

No, they don't light up. They do have raised and concave buttons, though. On the left of the wheel, there is "on" on the top and "off" on the bottom "on" has a raised bump, and "off" is concave. Just like the power window switches do for up and down. On the right side of the wheel, "resume" is raised to the touch, and is the top button, "set accel" is in the middle, and "coast" is convave. Just have to learn by touch.

Dang, i really hoping they would i guess i gotta figure something out to see them.

I never thought i would miss something so little as lit buttons... lol my wife doesnt get it but it really irritates me i dont know why.

I got used to it pretty quickly. It's not so bad. Like I said, since different buttons feel different, it's easier. :)

Back