Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Congrats on finally getting your smog...Now, get them tags and get ready for Pismo..:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

wow, FINALLY, so what was the final problem that was holding it up???

It appears that the problem is the tire/gear combo is what's making it fail. 35's and 3.73's are making the engine work too hard. And therefore put out the elevated smog levels.
when they tested it first time they ran it on the dyno and it failed again. the second time they did a static (no load) emission test and it passed with flying colors.:thumbsup:

...Congrats on finally getting your smog...Now, get them tags and get ready for Pismo..:D

yeah as soon as i get back from Florida. Damn it seems like everything is just falling into place for this trip.:D

That's easy..throw stockers on it.... Hmmmm so if I drove my explorer with 5.13 on 30's then it would polute less:D

yea i would if i had a set of stockers laying around.

congrats!

well i just stopped in for an announcement:

My Explorer is now a fully legal resident of California :D

Got the truck back from the shop yesterday and picked up the Plates and tags this morning

that is all back to your normally scheduled browsing

...That has got to be a huge relief...:biggthump

Hmmm it looks like i got the Spare off the Truck just in time........

tire7.jpg

And thanks to Toypaseo was able to locate a set of Navajo lights for my X.

tailights.jpg

Heyy.. The did the "ORER" fall off, or did you take it off. I thought I still had some spare letter sitting around if you want them.;)

Heyy.. The did the "ORER" fall off, or did you take it off. I thought I still had some spare letter sitting around if you want them.;)

To be honest i have no clue how that happened. Think it might have one of the Big Bear runs awhile back or a Vandal maybe.:dunno:

sure i will take it add it to the pile your holding for me now ;) (ie the shackles and the deflators)

you got it...I'll look for them;) I would have left the stuff at my dad's house if I new you were going to stop by the other day.:(

...Cyber, why does the X in your avatar look like a white X???...:scratch:...Did you get it painted???

:confused:

totally diferent truck....maybe the avatars got mixed:p:

...I see Cyber lurking...:shifty_ey ...Spill it...:D

lol that an old photo i snagged from here along time ago. Just have been learning a new graphics program and want to see if the resizing worked correctly. So i change it to day to see of it worked.

So my truck is the same ol crappy Tan/Beige that it has always been.

Coming Attractions

Holy Crap an update sorta:cool:

Coming Soon :
IMG00017.jpg

...Is that lindsy in your avatar...:eek:

So what is the extent of the plans with the 9" and fiberglass you're getting from carlover?

Back