Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would but he tags have been out since july and i don't wanna what it gonna cost to get the new one

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i dunno.... it just cost me like 70 to re-register out here

ha ha i wish it was that cheap out here

the last time i renewed my 99 it was 149.00

holycrap......if I remember right when I did my explorer tags it was $32.00. Very surprising they haven't taken your explorer yet....maybe because you owe more than its worth and they know they won't get that out of it? Idk sounds messed up, most of the time banks won't let ya go to long w/out having something like that paid on.

Well to get things back on track here have a little progress today. Made a visit to RJ's exhaust shop and we swapped out the exhaust systems so I now have a fully functioning stock exhaust with dual cats under my truck that will hopefully pass smog. So I can finally get my plates.

Only thing left to do is hook up some kind of hot air tube to the header and run it through again and hope it passes this time.

even tho while we installing the exhuast we did have a little carnage......namely RJ's melon he was getting out from under the truck and got up too fast and caught the swing out on my rear bumper:confused: which was open at the moment since I had gotten some tools out earlier.

Hope your doing ok RJ :thumbsup:

it was weird driving my truck with a stock exhaust it was so quiet and smoky at first:rolleyes: must have been some coolant residue in the exhaust since I fumigated the entire neighborhood after leaving RJ place:D but luckily it cleared up before i got back to the main road.

I just "borrowed" your initial Registry to use as a template... thanks!

Well today i ran the truck through a pre-test to see how close I was after changing the whole the exhaust over to a completely stock system. it still a no go :( it clean up the exhaust somewhat but not below the required levels so i guess it back to the drawing board........

The saga continues............

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was really hoping i didn't hear this news :(

Yeah i know it sucks well with the cats on there it drop from 1700 ppm to 1300 ppm on the Nox need to get it below 999 to get it to pass. guess I need to buy a new one when I get some cash.....hopefully soon.

Can't you just put on a dynomax muffler, instead of going all the way back to stock?

Edit: Just saw post above. Have you considered trying that crap you put in your exhaust to pass emissions? No idea if it works, but you could always try :dunno:

Can't you just put on a dynomax muffler, instead of going all the way back to stock?

Edit: Just saw post above. Have you considered trying that crap you put in your exhaust to pass emissions? No idea if it works, but you could always try :dunno:

Along those lines I have been given the suggestion of putting 3 oz. of Straight Acetone in the gas tank to clean up the emissions. But have'nt tried yet since i have no idea where to buy Acetone at :dunno:

Local hardware store/paint store should have it.

Yeah i have sen this ad before just need the money......I need a job! :(

...just a heads up...con-way in orange on batavia is hiring...;)

Yeah i passed by the Con-Way on Shoemaker in Santa Fe Springs the other day and there hiring too....but i am working on another job right now so hopefully i know something next week....

...i want to say the one in orange offered a 2000 bonus...i'll drive by there tomorrow to see what the sign said...good luck on the other job too...

Yea the One Santa Fe Springs offering a 2k bonus so i think they are all offering the same.

But the Job I am working on right now has no sign on bonus but starts at 14.00/hr but it Union with full benefits being a Yard Goat Driver.

congrads

...You've been MIA for to long...Let us know you are alive...:D

Back