• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Cybergasm's 99 Explorer XLT 2WD

well i guess i finally start my Elite Explorer Registry. I Joined in late 2005 after aquiring a 1999 Explorer XLT and was searching for lift kits and i found this site. went Elite almost immediatly since i have saved a ton of $$$ well enough history on to the vehicle:

Round 1 mods included:
installing trailer hitch
installing clear lenses front&rear
carputer :D
Siruis Satellite Radio

Round 2 mods
3 inch body lift
Warrior Shackles
Billit Grille
White face guages
dash mount to install Sirius unit(no more windshield mounts)
trailer wiring
33x12.50-15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains
15x8 "Soft 8" Black Rock Crawler wheels

August 2006 mods
New Shocks installed (Rancho RS5000's)
Torsion Twist the front end 1/2 inch no more fender rub finally :D

Future mods include
more lift :D
regear rearend
new shocks Done!
engine (more HP!)

now on to the pictures

Attachments

• Apr09_0001.jpg
    Apr09_0001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,979
  • CybergasmX2.jpg
    CybergasmX2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,057
  • Apr09_0002.jpg
    Apr09_0002.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,962

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

99sportxplor3

Reaction score
City, State
Dover
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport
wheels are 3.75 in backspace as far trimming i had to cut the corners from the front bumper and removed appx 2in from the inner fender in the rear.
but i was a little premature in doing that since afterwards i did a tt on it and eliminated the rest of the rub it had. if i was to do it again i woudl have the tt first and then trim it if necessary

thanks alot. this makes me feel a little better about puttin on 33's after i do the body lift(already bought it just need a weekend...)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

off-road97Xplor

Reaction score
City, State
moscow,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
ever put on that flowmaster i sold you? I sold my explorer and bought a dodge ram since then :p: :thumbsup:

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
ever put on that flowmaster i sold you? I sold my explorer and bought a dodge ram since then :p: :thumbsup:

aww man never installed it got it stuck it in the closet and it been there ever since:D

97GoldXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Gouverneur, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Very nice!

I own the same size of tires & rims and I recently did a torsion twist and I'm awaiting the 3'' BL and shackles.. I'm just wondering if you experience a lot of rubbing? I think I'm gonna go the same way as you with my '97 XLT

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
wheels are 3.75 in backspace as far trimming i had to cut the corners from the front bumper and removed appx 2in from the inner fender in the rear.
but i was a little premature in doing that since afterwards i did a tt on it and eliminated the rest of the rub it had. if i was to do it again i woudl have the tt first and then trim it if necessary

Very nice!

I own the same size of tires & rims and I recently did a torsion twist and I'm awaiting the 3'' BL and shackles.. I'm just wondering if you experience a lot of rubbing? I think I'm gonna go the same way as you with my '97 XLT

Look at the above quote taken from a previous post for the answer :D

Thanks for the compliment:thumbsup: