Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my rear bumper was powdercoated silver from my old truck, this thing isn't winning any beauty pageants but I rattlecanned it black 2 years ago!

yea agreed that this is probably the way i am gonna go since like you said "this thing isn't winning any beauty pageants" either :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

A few things have been revealed while this truck sits here.
IT IS OFFICIALLY GROUNDED TILL PARTS ARRIVE TO REPAIR THIS
P1010018.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

Umm.. I see no problem other than the shackle bolt looks a bit too short.. lol

I've seen him drive with only 2 rubber brake lines before.. He is also known as "Mr. Thrillseeker".

~Mark

I discovered this at Zukmans house today. I screamed like a little girl and ran in terror:eek:

Dave does like to live on the wild side.. lol

LOL it only a broken Shackle Bolt not Short But Broken :( Most of the time i don't noticed it unless i hit a really big dip then yahooooooo hang on for the ride :D

wow, 1 shackle and it was driving,,
lucky guy,
at least it was stuck up in that corner, and couldn't fall out, ,

LOL it only a broken Shackle Bolt not Short But Broken :( Most of the time i don't noticed it unless i hit a really big dip then yahooooooo hang on for the ride :D

and you could not stop by the hardware store and spend the $1.25 for a new bolt? Come on Dave... Not cool:thumbdwn: I got a kid ridding around in the back seat, I don't need someone loseing control of there rig for $1.25.

hook_bad_form.jpg

preview of the new sliders
P1010002-2.jpg

P1010001-2.jpg

Just returned from the BTF Fab shop today :D

IMG00020.jpg

IMG00021.jpg

Now to get these Puppies on next week :thumbsup:

At last the sliders are done!
P1010016-1.jpg

P1010014.jpg

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

thank you thank you thank you

they turned out great :D:biggthump

Back from a great run at Truckhaven could not have been more please with the truck. Sliders were great and they got a good work out for the first out.

the first mark :D
016.jpg

After the Night Run :thumbsup:
032-2.jpg

New Shackles were great also could tell the Difference between these "C" Channel shackles and the Cheapie AZ ones. Since the back end did not feel so dissconnted this time out unlike prior runs.

went out on the night run Saturday night and came back with this flesh wound :cool:
003-1.jpg

so after the Run i was feeling rather inspired and of course taking Monday off work too. I finally got a chance to break out the new welder and give My mad welding skills a whirl lol.

repaired the Latch thingy on the rear bumper
004-2.jpg

Finished product
006-2.jpg

and repaired one of the leaks in the Headers
007-2.jpg

Next up for this Truck?
It's time to tear into the front Axle and start showing it some love since a whole new crop of noises have surfaced in it. and I need to get the nose up again since the springs are really giving up the ghost badly. And oh yea i still have the Radius Arms to get on also.

With another Truckhaven run in the books. It seems the noises in my front axle are getting worse.:eek: now it has also seemed to pick up a noise like a screeching sound when the driver side is stuffing itself.

And Like DB1 my Fenders/inner Fenders are going a diet also i have finally have had enough with the tire constantly hitting the pinch welds and the fenders themselves.:mad:

While i was at Truckhaven i got this new addition for the X:D
DCFC0142.jpg

and then i found this..........
DCFC0177.jpg

it been doing this for awhile but did not realize how bad it was getting. It actually wearing a groove in the axle.:( Now to figure out what to do about it.

And unlike someone else this the only carnage i have this time out.;)
DCFC0178.jpg

Back