Dangeranger SAS done | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dangeranger SAS done

Finilly got it finished, im running 5.13s, 14" airshocks, and Aussie lockers. It is sitting to tall in the front right now i need to drop about 50psi. Any questions just ask.
1.jpg

2.jpg

And a little poser shot :D
3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks great man have you tested it out yet

...:popcorn:

...What size axle and what's the length on the RA's??? What brand shocks and how does it ride??? Can you take it up to 70??..Tire size???

...You might want to list everything and definitely add more pics, like your mounting points and where did you get all your parts...:biggthump

...Edit: I just seen your cardomain and I wrecked my front axle on Crown King a couple months back, about 5 miles in and took it the rest of the way in 2wd (with a little help of course)..:D

index.php

wow, nice work, my first reaction was "there's no track bar" you did such a good job of lining those up. I'm interested in the setup as well on the radius arms. I don't think the front is too tall, just run more tire!!! Rims are lookin hot too, what size are they?

Sorry for the lack of detail, I had some stuff to do. The arms are 48" from axle center to the center of the flex joint. Im running 14" 2.0 Racerunners, and it does cruise nicely up to 70. Im gonna have it aligned on monday. Those tires are worn out 37x12.50-17MTRs on 17x9 Ultra 164 wheels. The tires are just temp, im gonna go buy a set of Maxxis Trepadors in the same size this month. Im running 1ton Chev TREs with 1.5x2.50 wall DOM for the steering and 1-1/8x 250 wall DOM for the track bar that is threaded left and right with 3/4 hiems. I will put some pics up in a min of the shock hoops. In the rear im running 6400 shackles and Trail-Gear 5" toyota springs. Im taking a leaf or two out if they dont soften up a little this month though. they arnt quite soft enough right now.

Awesome...you've pretty much set up your rig with things that i've wondered would work or not on a Ranger like the airshocks and the Toy leafs.
With the airshocks is there any room to move your top mounts up so you don't lose uptravel?
Did you modify the stock spring hangers to fit the Toy springs or did you make your own hangers?
I'm real curious to see how those springs 'wheel on a Ranger. Price is right on them, less than half what I paid for my custom springs:rolleyes:

Awesome...you've pretty much set up your rig with things that i've wondered would work or not on a Ranger like the airshocks and the Toy leafs.
With the airshocks is there any room to move your top mounts up so you don't lose uptravel?
Did you modify the stock spring hangers to fit the Toy springs or did you make your own hangers?
I'm real curious to see how those springs 'wheel on a Ranger. Price is right on them, less than half what I paid for my custom springs:rolleyes:

There is plenty of room to move the shocks around. They are set up at around 6.5" of up travel, so i need to lower it to 5" were we originally planned. The Toyota springs were a direct swap. No modifying at all. The only thing I had to do was put the stock metal sleeve from the old springs into the new ones. Then im running the 6400 shackles, wich also bolted right in. Im gonna take a leaf out though if they dont soften up.

What are the axles out of? Are they full width or not? I can't quite tell.

Sure looks good. :thumbsup:

...I want to see pics of all the mounting points...:popcorn:

...I really like this setup but I will wait for the reviews on the 2.0 air shocks...:scratch:...I wonder if the 2.5's with/or without the coil overs would work on an X???

...I really like this setup but I will wait for the reviews on the 2.0 air shocks...:scratch:...I wonder if the 2.5's with/or without the coil overs would work on an X???

IZwack ran the 2.5's on his rig, they are rated for more weight capacity than the 2.0's.

...I thought his were oil...Thanks for the heads up...:biggthump

Oil? All shocks have oil and nitrogen gas;)

What are the axles out of? Are they full width or not? I can't quite tell.

Sure looks good. :thumbsup:

The front is from a 79 Bronco, and the rear is an 8.8 from an 89 Bronco with a drive flange off of a 99ish Explorer so my stock rear would work. Both are full width. The reason for not using a 9" is I wanted to keep the rear ABS, I hate having lights on on the dash. And I got a good price on it.

Oil? All shocks have oil and nitrogen gas;)

...Ok, maybe I'm missing something...These are air shocks, correct???..I used to run air shocks years ago and I don't know anything about the new ones..This is why I mentioned waiting on the review...

...Do these get filled up with air for ride height and ride quality, or are these filled with a gas???...If these fail like the old air shocks, do they just collapse??..:scratch:

...Ok, maybe I'm missing something...These are air shocks, correct???..I used to run air shocks years ago and I don't know anything about the new ones..This is why I mentioned waiting on the review...

...Do these get filled up with air for ride height and ride quality, or are these filled with a gas???...If these fail like the old air shocks, do they just collapse??..:scratch:

They are called air shocks but are chargerd with nitrogen. The nitrogen is just to adjust ride hight, and they use oil and shim stacks. The oil volume and shim stacks are for adjusting dampening and firmness.

...Then they should call them nitrogen shocks...:p:

...Thanks for the info...I really thought they were air...I do like the price of them and the different combinations they have...I just thought the X's could use the coilovers but it looks like your Ranger is fine just the way it is...I am impressed with the set up...:D

Yeah, these shocks are a totally different animal. Pretty much a larger version of air bumpstops you may have seen. These are not for towing or added load carrying capacity.

...I'm familiar with nitrogen shocks...The "Air" part just threw me...:confused:

...I just wish I had a Ranger to set up like this now...Another Ranger, mine is ok as it is...If I could keep from drooling on my laptop, I'm ready for more pics...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The front is from a 79 Bronco, and the rear is an 8.8 from an 89 Bronco. Both are full width.
Haha, EXACTLY what I have waiting to go in, to the year and model!
Now I know what mine'll look like. :cool:

Back