Details on lowering kits for my 99' Mercury Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Details on lowering kits for my 99' Mercury Mountaineer

hockeykid9

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Mercury Mountaineer
Hello, I have a 99' Mercury Mountaineer, v8, AWD. I was looking into lowering it, but i did not want to go for a full kit. I was thinking about getting lowering blocks. What is the max lowering blocks i can get. there is either 3inch or 4 inch. I plan on putting nice mustang rims to give it the effect of a sick truck. Please help!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like this?

attachment.php

That is 2" rear about 2 1/2" front via torsion key flip and explorer express blocks, with edelbrock IAS shocks for 2" lower explorer.

3" is a tad too low IMO with stock suspension and frame stuff.

If you keep the running boards and ditch the roof rack it will appear a bit lower

That looks very nice. where did you get your lowering blocks.

Turdle, is your truck AWD? Any problems with the front axles or cv joints this low? What size wheels and tires are you running?

Turdle, is your truck AWD? Any problems with the front axles or cv joints this low? What size wheels and tires are you running?

No problems other than the upper ball joint clearance which has to be addressed with a grinder.

Techieman33 has this setup on his truck now, the black truck above has since been lifted, and sold.

lol lifting cause several more issues than lowering IMO.

Those were 275 60 17's on Cobra replicas which are 17x9" --not sure of the offset or back spacing as I bought them 9 years ago. man time flies---

Did it require shorter shocks or will the stock length work? Anything special about the explorer express blocks or will parts store block do just fine?
That truck looks badass for sure. Tasty! Gives me a hard-on to lower mine.

Back