DO you have to remove regulator to change window motor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DO you have to remove regulator to change window motor?

hertfordnc

Reaction score
City, State
Hertford, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT 4.6 xlt
I've done window motors on several fords and it's been easy to just slip the motor out.

THis one seems more difficult so I went looking for a video and thy all showed my how to punch rivets and remove the whole regulator.

AM i missing something or is that what you have to do?

thanks

I've done window motors on several fords and it's been easy to just slip the motor out.

THis one seems more difficult so I went looking for a video and thy all showed my how to punch rivets and remove the whole regulator.

AM i missing something or is that what you have to do?

thanks
Not sure but I found a video and it was very detailed
I just did a rear passenger regulator on my 2002 only rivet was the regulator to window mount , easy job. Took 30 minutes or so.

I just replaced the rear passenger regulator. It comes out easy. I cant imaging how to get the motor out without removing the regulator too. only 3 nuts to remove. It was pretty easy. Take the speaker out as well so you can get in there from both sides. I used a wooden stake through a square hole near the door hinge to hold the window all the way up and out of the way. disconnecting the regulator from the window clamp was easy. on the left side of the track where it attaches, there was a white plastic clip that holds the two together. I saw a video online about it. Either way, the whole process from start to finish was a bit less than 15 minutes. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm still not finding the answer. I pulled the rear door motor out easily but the front is different. and i can't find info to the contrary.

Back