Does your 2023 Explorer Timberline have Ambient Lighting? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does your 2023 Explorer Timberline have Ambient Lighting?

96Cobra

Reaction score
City, State
Brookville, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer Timberline
I just bought a 2023 Explorer Timberline and noticed that it doesn't have Ambient Lighting. I thought that Ambient Lighting was included on the Timberline. I have the Technology Package and TP Moonroof. My truck also had 360 camera delete and 4g modem delete, but neither of those should matter for Ambient Lighting (I assume anyway). Any other '23 Timberline owners have Ambient Lighting?

Also, I have Forscan (used it on my Fusion), so I checked and it said Ambient Lighting was disabled on my Timberline. I enabled it in the APIM, and the button appeared on Sync screen, but nothing happens when I change colors/brightness.

It has some lights on the upper console which aim directly at the cup holders.

My 2022 Timberline also does not have it. I read the manual several times and it tells you how to use it and enable it, but it's not there. It's just not included any longer I guess, but not documented anywhere.

I also have the Technology Package. Here's another thing that makes you wonder why: Why do we have the top B&O audio system, but no HD Radio? One would think that if you opt for the premium system, you'd have HD radio. Nope.

Back