donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
Engine Pre Lube System Insta-Lube Kit Description

The company changed the design to NOT include the controller which makes it useless imo
They also raised the price by 100 dollars

Their are 12v 30 second timers on eBay and other places

Why would they do this I don't know
I posted this as soon as I found out
If anyone still wants it you will need a 30$ timer
I have the instructions wiring instructions

It sucks

20191218_060624.jpg

20191218_060633.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a email I just sent

I need you to Call me my name is Donald stamper 1 919 964 x..

Your kit don't include the timer any more why???
I recommended this kit to lots of people
I am getting messages
from people complaining that the kit is missing parts like the infitec timer
Without the timer this kit is useless it just don't work on timing tensioner s in our explorers without. The timer .
I. ask that you remove my name and review from your website asap I will call the better business bureau I if it's not

Here is an email I got this morning....Good evening!

I recently installed a pre-oiler system like the one you have mentioned on here in past posts from autoenginelube.com. I was wondering if you could share your experience with me as I'm not sure my install is working correctly.

When I run the engine, stop it, and then go to restart it, the gauge jumps up just like you have described and everything is great. However, when it has been shut off for a period of time (as little as it would take to fill up a gas tank or run into the store) when I go to restart it the pressure does not show on the gauge and the check gauges light does not extinguish. Does yours react this way as well, or does it always register pressure?

My kit didn't come with everything yours did for some reason. There's no pressure gauge on the tank and there's no controller for the valve. It's just wired to come on with the accessory and stay on until the car is shut off. However, I did pull the tank out and manually fill it with air to pressure test it and that seemed to hold pressure for over a half hour or so with no issues. Wondering if there just isn't enough volume there to pressurize once all the oil has settled out of the top of the engine?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to get a hold of the guy who sold it to me...

If you want to explain you can comment here Don't buy this pre oiler try to save face
And your phone number don't work why??? do you have a new one????

And no we can't run any other oil than 5w 30 in our trucks

Why remove parts from the kit and then Jack up the price $100 seriously I have sold a bunch of the kits for you and now this
REMOVE MY NAME FROM YOUR WEBSITE NOW

sincerely don and jess

Thanks..I just started to research again for acquiring this system and came across this..now at square one again..need to come up with a solution to cold rattle start..I use the gas to floor and crank but I need something for the wifey..

Use this system just buy your own $20 controller
Or
Just use a manual button on the dash

did they ever respond to you?

Some posts were deleted from this thread for some reason so it seems out of order

Damn, I bought this kit about a year ago and just got around to the installing it today. Right now it's not working very well, after a while the pressure bleeds off as you noted (I have a post on here about it). Not very happy at this moment. The only saving grace was I did not have to pay full price for it due to a problem with shipping time so Pay Pal stepped in. Wished I had read this before hand. I did notice that the kit does not contain the Controller Module and simply thought that a upgrade had been done to the unit......WRONG!!!!! I would really appreciate the wiring diagram to hook up the Auto Time Delay Relay 12V Automotive 10 Second Times Delay Relay 30A OFF Delay if you still have access to it. BTW, this system can be run without the add on pressure gage? Thanks in advance.

Damn, I bought this kit about a year ago and just got around to the installing it today. Right now it not working very well, after a while the pressure bleeds off as you noted (I have a post on here about it). Not very happy at this moment. The only saving grace was I did not have to pay full price for it due to a problem with shipping time so Pay Pal stepped in. Wished I had read this before hand. I did notice that the kit does not contain the Controller Module and simply thought that a upgrade had been done to the unit......WRONG!!!!! I would really appreciate the wiring diagram to hook up the Auto Time Delay Relay 12V Automotive 10 Second Times Delay Relay 30A OFF Delay if you still have access to it. BTW, this system can be run without the add on pressure gage? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the response. I'm done with this truck. I guess drive it until total failure

s-l1600.jpg

hope this helps

mine hasent missed a beat in 5 or 6 years now
the timer delay relay is indeed needed

View attachment 322078
hope this helps

mine hasent missed a beat in 5 or 6 years now
the timer delay relay is indeed needed
I also have a 1996 Eddie B with the OHV V/6, thing is un-killable. 350K+and still looks and runs like a day 2 restoration, but the 05's SOHC makes me a little nervous, so I thought I'd get a little extra protection. If I had read your post last year, I never would have bought this kit. Thanks for your diagram. May be this will be the cure and thanks again for your post.

I also have a 1996 Eddie B with the OHV V/6, thing is un-killable. 350K+and still looks and runs like a day 2 restoration, but the 05's SOHC makes me a little nervous, so I thought I'd get a little extra protection. If I had read your post last year, I never would have bought this kit. Thanks for your diagram. May be this will be the cure and thanks again for your post.
It will be your cure watch the video above if you have not it explains everything
And remember if your oil gauge moves your engine is preoiled

It will be your cure watch the video above if you have not it explains everything
And remember if your oil gauge moves your engine is preoiled
👍 Will do. My kit has the same symptoms as listed in the response to your e-mail in post #4. Junk.....but it'll work. You've had some very helpful posts, keep it up.

I want to give a Special Thanks to DonaldS & Jess for all the help they provided on helping me with this problem. I never would have whipped it without them. Talk about going above and beyond!!!!! These folks are a class act and something that is rare in today's world. Thanks.

No problem my friend
Post some pictures if you can so others in the future can benefit from your experience
here is a pic of the controler he used
dayton timer relay.PNG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

👍

Back