• Register Today It's free!

Down side of doing a TT?

Jeffe 11

Reaction score
City, State
Newbury Park, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT Advance trac
is there any down side to doing a torsion twist to my 05 advance trac explorer 4x4?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as you don't go too high, there will be no ill effects from doing the TT. Just make sure to get an alignment afterwards and all will be good.

It will ride a little more stiff, but IMO that's a good thing. Get some shocks that are a little stiffer and you'll be good to go.

Does the 05 come with torsion bars?

so the 05 explorer doesnt come with torsion bars? front and real coils im guessing then?

The downside would be that you'll have to get a 2nd gen for the TT to work hehehe

so the 05 explorer doesnt come with torsion bars? front and real coils im guessing then?

Yes, front and rear coils on struts. If you want a lift, search user Road Bully. He's got some different height spacers you can use. Good luck.

thanks for the help and sorry if i sound like an idiot asking about this stuff, just new to my ex

i contacted road bully and the spacers are out of my price range at the moment. i need some clearance on my ex and i want to know if i can manually make that happen like with torsion bars although i dont have those. does anyone know of any way i can get a little extra clearance. thanks!

Back