Dr. Jack | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dr. Jack

:usa: Hopefully I am starting this thread in the proper place. I am following the ideas of other members to keep a log so to speak of the 92 Explorer now know as Dr. Jack.
It all started a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, oops,wrong story.
A while back in the spring/summer time frame of 2009. I was asked by an EF member if I ever do any 4wheeling, I told him I had done a bit in Death Valley but not much, this is when he intoduced me to the EF family. We made plans for me to join him as a rider in the CCR09 at Ouray. We did a pre-run in Moab where I meet Bronco2guy, Amy, and Chad551. Then on to Ouray where I meet a lot of fine peeps in the EF family. I had such a blast that I decided to start a project, I have always liked off roading but all the groups I meet seemed to have a "better than thou" idea.
Giving myself two years for the project, I started keeping an eye on the forum and looking around for ideas, then the 92 Explorer of Dr. John "Jack" Lobdell popped up on Craig's list in New Mexico, by following the forum I became aware of the sale, and by contact with other members I came to learn that this was a special vehicle from a special member. Lady Luck smiled on me, as I was able to use my brother's trailer to go pick up the vehicle. Robert rode with me and am I glad he did, his help was great. Got the rig back home and am now beginning to go over it, will keep upates as I go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_0493.jpg

LOL, what a goof! :p:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Theres something special about a smoke lit from a taper in the fire. Glad you and Rob had a good chrissy mate!

Well, thought I would do a quick oil change before I headed out to work today, nope, damn oil drain plug head stripped out, that is what I get for thinking I would do something simple!!!! When I get back off my run, (and pick up another drain plug while on the road) time for vise grips.

Hate when that happens. Stripped bolts really mess up the simple jobs.

You have a welder available. Line the pan with heat tape (or something to that affect) around the drain bolt, then tack weld an old cheap wrench to it. Will come off on the first try. :D

Oh...and make sure you clean any oil off so it don't happen to catch fire. :eek:

:p:

That last bit sound's like real good advice!!!!!:D:thumbsup:

About freakin' time!! ;) Been wondering when you were gonna get the itch to go higher.

About freakin' time!! ;) Been wondering when you were gonna get the itch to go higher.

LOL, just waiting for the right thing at the right price!!!

Popular tread pattern. Looks like both older style BFG MT, & Procomp MT treads.

not only popular, but damn suitable for my style of trailing.

Dr. Jack is looking awesome as always!

Thanks Russell! Still got few more things planned, just waiting for the $$$ to appear!

:thumbsup:Good stuff mate!!! They look sweet!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those tires actually last surprisingly long also. My buddy had them on a toyota for 2 years!

Due to the super long hours of the job I have now, I have come to a decision about my rig, Dr. Jack has to go, to Bandit Customs for work!!!!

I just don't have any time to do the work it needs, contacted Russell, and he has jumped to the rescue!!! So when I get the time and we can make arrangements, Bandit Customs will be working on the Dr. Jack.

Thank You, Russell !!!!! :salute:

For a minute there, I thought you were about to say you were going sell your truck.

Glad that is not the case.

And work is good (at least the paycheck!)

For a minute there, I thought you were about to say you were going sell your truck.

Glad that is not the case.

And work is good (at least the paycheck!)

LOL! I worded (is worded even a word?) it like that to at first give that impression as a smart a$$. Selling the rig is one of the furthest things from my mind, but I want to make off road meets and the rig needs a lot of work. Russell jumped right in without hesitation when I asked for help!!!!!!

Yes, with work I have a paycheck, and that is what is important. This job has no holidays, but I can take myself out of service to make meets, I am lucky if I get more than one day off, but that paycheck is nice to see when I get back from a route of critter deliverlies.

You - a smart a$$???? I never would have guessed. :D

Keep Labor Open next year. We need to have a big Colorado Colors Run.

Yep mike I'd be more than happy to get all those things done on dr jack, honored. Just let me know a time and we'll get him taken care of!

:D :D Glad your working mate!

And keeping the Doc :D Hahahahahaha, bloody classic

Back