• Register Today It's free!

egr location

jamesapost

Reaction score
City, State
charleston sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 ford explorer 4.0 4X
dose a 92 explorer 4.0 4x4 have a EGR valve and if so where is it located, and what do i have to remove to get to it?

egr.gif

REMOVAL
Remove the EGR transducer retaining bolt and reposition the EGR transducer to access the EGR external pressure valve.
Disconnect the EGR valve to exhaust manifold tube from the EGR external pressure valve.
Remove the EGR valve retaining bolts and the EGR external pressure valve from the upper intake manifold.
Remove the EGR valve gasket and clean gasket sealing surface of upper intake manifold. If the old EGR external pressure valve is to be installed, clean the gasket sealing surface.

INSTALLATION
Position EGR external pressure valve, with a new EGR valve gasket, onto upper intake manifold and install retaining bolts. Tighten retaining bolts to 20-30 Nm (15-22 ft lb) .
Connect the EGR valve to exhaust manifold tube to the EGR external pressure valve. Tighten EGR valve to exhaust manifold tube nut to 34-47.6 Nm (25-35 ft lb) .
Install the EGR transducer and retaining bolt. Tighten retaining bolt to 20-30 Nm (15-22 ft lb) .

'91 and '92 won't have an EGR system. Some '93's and all '94's had an EGR system.

Good to know for future reference. My 94 has one so I just figured all first gens did. :)

Back