Electrical S.O.S

Clarke

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '93 XLT 4x4 4L
Hello people
tonight on my way home. my 93 "x" started acting strang, when i press the brake my interior lights would turn on, then that stopped, now at home and i have know left turnning signal, 4-ways, brake lights. my R side mirror trys to turn in-ward all on its own. when i switch it over to the L mirror it stops untill i move L mirror up then the R mirror trys to move with the L mirror.
well any one heard of this crap let me know what they figured out.
thanks
clarke

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yuck...

My money is on a short somewhere.

Any evidence of mice or water damage?

Mike

I agree with the short diagnosis. Start pulling fuses one at a time to try and isolate it to a specific circuit.

...Do you have an aftermarket alarm that might have recently been installed???..I would search for the short around the moving parts of your pedals, including the E brake...

thanks every one for your imput the problem was under the driverside door drim. the drain plug in the floor had popped out and ice ha formed in there and with the warm temp lately . i assume it melted and got in the wires. there like 20 odd wires there. they were all burnt
three hours later its all fixed
thanks for all your help

Back