Electronic Flasher for LED Upgrade | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So, in order to cure the hyper-flash if I decide to replace my turn signals with LED's, I will need to download either Bootcamp or Parallels to run on my MacBook Pro, get a copy of Windoze (that should tell you how happy I am about that...) download a copy of Forscan, and what else?
How does Forscan communicate with my 2016 Explorer Sport?
Mark
Windoze?? Perhaps you meant Windows? I believe Forscan hooks into the Explorer's OBD port.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, in order to cure the hyper-flash if I decide to replace my turn signals with LED's, I will need to download either Bootcamp or Parallels to run on my MacBook Pro, get a copy of Windoze (that should tell you how happy I am about that...) download a copy of Forscan, and what else?
How does Forscan communicate with my 2016 Explorer Sport?
Mark

I would personally use VirtualBox for Virtual Machines. It's pretty good.

Also, you need to make sure your Mac has a bluetooth module if you want to buy a bluetooth OBDII reader. Don't just buy any reader though. You need one that supports MS-CAN and the OBDLink MX bluetooth is the best one and has worked great for me. If you go bluetooth, only get the OBDLink MX bluetooth. The ELM327 bluetooth modules never work because so many bad knockoffs.

You can buy a cheaper USB ELM327 but make sure it's USB one and not a bluetooth one. It also needs to have been modified with a switch for MS-CAN.

You could also just install resistors on each corner, and that will solve it.

I just live with the inside fast flasher sound, often softened/drowned out by my music or having the window(s) down.

Before I go ordering VINT-TT55502 ELM327 USB and installing FORScan on my laptop, confirm this will work on my previous gen, 2010 model and the FORScan for Windows, Standard license will work?

Back