• Register Today It's free!

Evap purge solenoid

SKennedy2317

Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
I have a 2014 explorer 3.5 naturally aspirated, and I keep getting a P0144A code which says it is the purge valve, I' ve replaced it 3 times from the 2 auto part stores in town the first time I could see getting a defective part. But 3 times now and still getting the code. Any ideas on what I should check? Some other threads and/or googling say to check the lines going to it to see if they are blocked or that it's an issue with the capless gas fill. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

I keep getting a P0144A code which says it is the purge valve
No, that is not what a P144A [corrected] says. Fault codes do not condemn a specific part, they indicate that the PCM is not happy with the performance of a particular part or related sub-system. The code is the BEGINNING of a diagnostic procedure, not the endpoint that says to replace a specific part contrary to what users have posted on YT or elsewhere on the internet.

As a quick check, disconnect the vacuum line from the output line of the purge valve, start the engine, and use your finger to check if vacuum is present or not. If not, the valve is not blocked partially open and is not the problem. It would then be necessary to follow the factory diagnostic to accurately diagnose the fault.

I have a 2014 explorer 3.5 naturally aspirated, and I keep getting a P0144A code which says it is the purge valve, I' ve replaced it 3 times from the 2 auto part stores in town the first time I could see getting a defective part. But 3 times now and still getting the code. Any ideas on what I should check? Some other threads and/or googling say to check the lines going to it to see if they are blocked or that it's an issue with the capless gas fill. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't know if this video will help at all. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjyzsWNxs_-AhVTjYkEHeRKDScQwqsBegQIDBAF&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dENmleKsCn4&usg=AOvVaw0kyg2p1DxivvaVNmemqGgi&cshid=1682787236938020
Good luck and please keep us in the loop. Thanks.

Peter

Back