Explorer 3rd Row Folding Headrest Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 3rd Row Folding Headrest Issue

rok8man

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer LTD
I picked up a 2020 Explorer Limited last Wednesday. I was checking everything before driving away from the dealership and noticed that the right 3rd headrest was stuck. No matter how much i pulled on the rope latch it wouldnt budge and fold. The left handside worked perfectly. The Service Manager came and looked at it and said it was a one day fix. Leave the Explorer overnight and they will have it ready the next day. I was going out of town the next day for the long holiday weekend. So I got a loaner. I told them I wouldnt be back the following Sunday and they said no worries. Come pick up the car on Monday. Called Monday and my sales guy said to pick up the car on Tuesday. So I went on Tuesday and talked to the Service guy. He said that its not fixed. They had to put the part on order and its back ordered for 2 weeks. This is my third Explorer from this dealership and each time the service level goes down. I am going to start going to another dealer close to home as soon as this is fixed. Getting a little annoyed now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There isn't much the dealer can do if the parts are not in stock although they could have let you know that on Monday.

Peter

There isn't much the dealer can do if the parts are not in stock although they could have let you know that on Monday.

Peter

I called the Service Manager on Saturday and Monday and left him voicemails both times and he never called back. Needless to say I wont be going back to this Service Manager anytime soon. Also the Sales Guy should have talked to the Service Manager as well and that didnt happen as well.

Anybody having issues with the 3rd row headrest not folding down and not letting the seats fold down?

rok8man, any update on this issue?

Peter

Anybody having issues with the 3rd row headrest not folding down and not letting the seats fold down?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one as the only other 6th gen with a similar issue.

Peter

Back